The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Digitech iStomp (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323415)

David Eastwood 12-31-2013 01:08 PM

Digitech iStomp

Musician's Friend is blowing these out for $39.99 (formerly $149.99). This is not a 'Stupid Deal Of The Day' - it's actually in the latest printed catalog. As Digitech recently made the entire library of pedal models free, I just couldn't resist ordering one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...dable-stompbox

Beware, though - it only works with Apple devices, and the supplied cable is for those with the old-style 30-pin connector. I have no idea whether it would work with an adapter for a Lightning connector.

Xtremca 01-01-2014 12:12 PM

Which ios are you running? I've still got an ipad 2 laying around but it looks like there may be some compatibility with IOs7.

Chris

David Eastwood 01-01-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremca (Post 3756686)
Which ios are you running? I've still got an ipad 2 laying around but it looks like there may be some compatibility with IOs7.

Chris

I'm running iOS7 on an iPhone 4S, and an iPad2 - I've loaded the app on my iPhone, and it appears to function OK, although I don't have the pedal yet to try it for real.

Psalad 01-01-2014 12:29 PM

Cool I ordered one, thanks for the tip! Hope the 'verb is good.

DavidE 01-01-2014 08:33 PM

I have a bunch of these. It will work with the Apple brand 30 pin to lightning connector. Don't know about an aftermarket connector. The issue with iOS7 was resolved.

I haven't used any of the effects in my acoustic rig yet, but have several in my electric rig. Some of the effects are, in my view, fantastic. There are some great chorus boxes, compressors, delays and reverbs in the bunch. The Lexicon reverb sounds pretty amazing to me.

With the blow out, I would guess that they're coming out with a next generation hardware stomp, but I guess we'll see what shows up at NAMM. For $40, these are a steal.

David Eastwood 01-02-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidE (Post 3757434)
I have a bunch of these. It will work with the Apple brand 30 pin to lightning connector. Don't know about an aftermarket connector. The issue with iOS7 was resolved.

I haven't used any of the effects in my acoustic rig yet, but have several in my electric rig. Some of the effects are, in my view, fantastic. There are some great chorus boxes, compressors, delays and reverbs in the bunch. The Lexicon reverb sounds pretty amazing to me.

With the blow out, I would guess that they're coming out with a next generation hardware stomp, but I guess we'll see what shows up at NAMM. For $40, these are a steal.

Good to know, David. I think I'd better pick up a second one while they still have them :)

Doubleneck 01-02-2014 08:38 AM

Ordered one thanks for the heads up, hard to go wrong.

rburke 01-02-2014 09:00 AM

Awesome. Just ordered one. For $149 I would never have bought it but for for $40 I could not pass it up.

Doubleneck 01-02-2014 09:09 AM

Will probably wished I bought two

rburke 01-02-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidE (Post 3757434)

Do you know if when a IOS device is plugged into the pedal it charges it also? I have a iPod i never use anymore since it has to be plugged in or the battery drains in 30 minutes.

Doubleneck 01-02-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rburke (Post 3758018)
Do you know if when a IOS device is plugged into the pedal it charges it also? I have a iPod i never use anymore since it has to be plugged in or the battery drains in 30 minutes.

The IOS device just transfers the software for the pedal you want. The pedal operates on ac adapter I think

innocent75 01-02-2014 07:51 PM

Looks real neat. A cool idea. I almost bought one but anyone have any idea how much they charge for each "effect". I see their app is istomp store so I am assuming you need to buy each effect.

Doubleneck 01-02-2014 08:24 PM

They are all free now, already downloaded amp. Steve

David Eastwood 01-02-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innocent75 (Post 3758737)
Looks real neat. A cool idea. I almost bought one but anyone have any idea how much they charge for each "effect". I see their app is istomp store so I am assuming you need to buy each effect.

The entire library is free, apart from one Adrian Belew-created patch. I've already downloaded every one of them, and it hasn't cost me a penny.

Doubleneck 01-02-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatswodo (Post 3758765)
The entire library is free, apart from one Adrian Belew-created patch. I've already downloaded every one of them, and it hasn't cost me a penny.

Same here: 18 stomp boxes. Should be some cheap fun! Going to have to dust of the Les Paul.