The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Kostal MDW German/Pernambuco (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601061)

CoolerKing 12-16-2020 12:04 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! All due credit to Jason.

jt1 12-16-2020 04:14 PM

A beautiful thing, my friend. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Michael Watts 12-17-2020 06:17 AM

Oh hello...

Congratulations my friend! I'll be watching this one with interest!

cigarfan 12-17-2020 06:49 AM

Absolutely gorgeous. That Pernambuco is beyond words. Wow! And I couldn't agree more on the decision to let Jason do what he wants. Awesome. My MDW has really blossomed. You are going to love it! :)

Deft Tungsman 12-17-2020 11:00 AM

That is the most beautiful Kostal rosette Iíve ever seen!!

canuck7 12-17-2020 01:47 PM

Pretty beautiful rosette...looks like you are going to have to do some playing in a church... Sainte-Chapelle in Paris would be a great background location!

CoolerKing 12-18-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck7 (Post 6578454)
Pretty beautiful rosette...looks like you are going to have to do some playing in a church... Sainte-Chapelle in Paris would be a great background location!

My thoughts exactly. My niece lives in Paris and we were there not long ago, maybe 3 years or so. I love anything historically related, and have spent a bunch of time in Europe over the years, and this is one of my favorite places, I think because it's not as heel-trodden as some of the other Parisian landmarks. I have hopped around inadvertently following the Passion relics from Istanbul to Venice to Paris. Hagia Sophia in Istanbul is super cool, bullet holes in the wall and such strong Romanesque influence that to me the only thing that looks like a Mosque now is the added minarets. And if you haven't seen the Tres Riches Heures its super cool. I nerd out on that time period. Read Agincourt by Juliet Barker if you want probably the best non-fiction book I have ever read.

https://i.imgur.com/wN5iOn4.jpg

justonwo 12-18-2020 07:22 AM

Well this is going to be rad. Congrats, Partrick.

CoolerKing 12-18-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6579148)
Well this is going to be rad. Congrats, Partrick.

Man, you are up early!

nootis 12-18-2020 03:21 PM

I totally dig what Jason has done with those colors and the fret markers. With the Pernambuco and the Spruce top, this one is going to be a gem. Congratulations.

canuck7 12-18-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewpartrick (Post 6579130)
My thoughts exactly. My niece lives in Paris and we were there not long ago, maybe 3 years or so. I love anything historically related, and have spent a bunch of time in Europe over the years, and this is one of my favorite places, I think because it's not as heel-trodden as some of the other Parisian landmarks. I have hopped around inadvertently following the Passion relics from Istanbul to Venice to Paris. Hagia Sophia in Istanbul is super cool, bullet holes in the wall and such strong Romanesque influence that to me the only thing that looks like a Mosque now is the added minarets. And if you haven't seen the Tres Riches Heures its super cool. I nerd out on that time period. Read Agincourt by Juliet Barker if you want probably the best non-fiction book I have ever read.

https://i.imgur.com/wN5iOn4.jpg


We were there 3 years ago as well...we probably ran into each other!

mikealpine 12-18-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nootis (Post 6579608)
I totally dig what Jason has done with those colors and the fret markers. With the Pernambuco and the Spruce top, this one is going to be a gem. Congratulations.

My thought exactly!

blindboyjimi 12-19-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwpierce (Post 6576860)
Blue is my favorite color and that might be the prettiest rosette I have ever seen!

Matthew, thatís crazy beautiful. This one will be stellar. If I ever went with a modern guitar, it would be something just like this.

dneal 12-29-2020 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewpartrick (Post 6579130)
My thoughts exactly. My niece lives in Paris and we were there not long ago, maybe 3 years or so. I love anything historically related, and have spent a bunch of time in Europe over the years, and this is one of my favorite places, I think because it's not as heel-trodden as some of the other Parisian landmarks. I have hopped around inadvertently following the Passion relics from Istanbul to Venice to Paris. Hagia Sophia in Istanbul is super cool, bullet holes in the wall and such strong Romanesque influence that to me the only thing that looks like a Mosque now is the added minarets. And if you haven't seen the Tres Riches Heures its super cool. I nerd out on that time period. Read Agincourt by Juliet Barker if you want probably the best non-fiction book I have ever read.

The blues in that rosette made me think of Chagall. My wife and I sought out his work across France after seeing it in Metz, and discovered that his last work was just across the river in a little Mainz church (we lived in Wiesbaden).

Chagallís story is very interesting, and his work is amazing.

CoolerKing 12-29-2020 03:23 PM

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=