The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yamaha LL-45 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604052)

lowrider 01-16-2021 05:10 AM

That's a beautiful guitar!

Matts67 01-16-2021 05:17 AM

Amazing! Brazilian back and sides?

ericlosh 01-16-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbone (Post 6605884)
Wow, that guitar looks to be in incredible shape. Are those pictures recent?

I hope 30 years from now my son is expressing the same level of interest in my 56 ;-0

Heís 8 right now, so for some reason heís not beating my door down yet to play it. Lego guitars are more his thing ;)


Yep

Took em within the last few months or so

All in time

I didnít start playing consistently till I was 28-29 or so

jontewright 01-16-2021 06:32 AM

Looks lovely thanks for sharing!
Canít hear any sound on the video though.

ericlosh 01-16-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jontewright (Post 6605929)
Looks lovely thanks for sharing!
Canít hear any sound on the video though.


Yeah I donít know whatís up with that

Originally my pictures didnít load

eljay 01-16-2021 06:53 AM

Thanks for sharing the story and the photos!

YamahaGuy 01-16-2021 08:11 AM

Wow! What a sweet LL! Is that a set list taped to it?

Dru Edwards 01-16-2021 08:20 AM

Great history and beautiful Yamaha!

What material is used to cover what I assume is an old barn door? Cardboard or paper?

OneThing 01-16-2021 08:37 AM

That is just lovely!

ericlosh 01-16-2021 08:55 AM

Yamaha LL-45
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamahaGuy (Post 6605994)
Wow! What a sweet LL! Is that a set list taped to it?


Yes! Itís from when my dad last played it regularly

He ended up with a tippin crescendo really liked it and got one made to his specs which eventually resulted in him not playing this one too much

I consider that set list priceless and Iím leaving it there as long as it lasts

ericlosh 01-16-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matts67 (Post 6605911)
Amazing! Brazilian back and sides?


Yes it is, beautiful wood

ericlosh 01-16-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6606006)
Great history and beautiful Yamaha!

What material is used to cover what I assume is an old barn door? Cardboard or paper?


Not sure, no barn door. What picture are you referring to?

Dru Edwards 01-16-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlosh (Post 6606060)
Not sure, no barn door. What picture are you referring to?

This pic ... or is it a setlist?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...317b370b9b.jpg

ericlosh 01-16-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6606072)


Ohhhh I see what you meant! Yeah the guitar is so reflective, those pics of the back were the least reflective I was able to take

Yes itís a set list, my dad played this guitar a ton then eventually got a tippin crescendo then another one built to his specs and those two eventually retired the Yamaha. He plays those two crescendos and a martin 000-28EC these days

Dru Edwards 01-16-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlosh (Post 6606091)
Ohhhh I see what you meant! Yeah the guitar is so reflective, those pics of the back were the least reflective I was able to take

Yes itís a set list, my dad played this guitar a ton then eventually got a tippin crescendo then another one built to his specs and those two eventually retired the Yamaha. He plays those two crescendos and a martin 000-28EC these days

lol, a setlist. I initially thought it was a barn door hole in the guitar, at an odd place.

That aside, beautiful, well aged guitar with what must be an amazing tone.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=