The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Final pics post 47!!-take your time" guitar. Kinnaird West Coast Cedar/Afr. Blackwood (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559131)

invguy921 11-13-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird (Post 6209965)
Holy cow, that's amazing.
I get to say, "Yeah buddy, MY brother made that!"

SK

Steve, I have SOOO much respect for all of the Kinnaird Family and of course Ryan who is a big part of that. Not only WHAT you build, but WHO you are. You guys absolutely rock it, and build some of the finest guitars on the planet that anyone would be proud to own.

Steve Kinnaird 11-13-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 6210166)
True, Steve. AND, John gets to say it about your beauties, too! You guys have all been on a roll.

Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird (Post 6210276)
Thanks brother. Paul is right, you have been on a roll creating a bevy of beauties.

Thanks, guys! But what we're doing is trying to keep up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by invguy921 (Post 6210447)
Steve, I have SOOO much respect for all of the Kinnaird Family and of course Ryan who is a big part of that. Not only WHAT you build, but WHO you are. You guys absolutely rock it, and build some of the finest guitars on the planet that anyone would be proud to own.

Wow, what a kind thing to say. Thank you Mike!

Guitars44me 11-13-2019 10:25 PM

Ryan, too, indeed

Quote:

Originally Posted by invguy921 (Post 6210447)

When I said you guys I intended included Ryan, of course, but it did not read that way. Sorry, Ryan! All three of you are rockin!

Let's not forget Tony Ferguson, the Finish Wizard, either. I am sure Tony is a big part of the Kinnaird Magic. Thanks Tony!!!

Carry on Gentlemen! And do have FUN

Paul

TomB'sox 11-17-2019 09:47 PM

I have been remiss in my posts in this thread, I apologize as I have been following it. This does seem to be a first cousin to mine, at least the tops, I really like my rosette, but I have to say, yours is quite spectacular. I hope you are playing this soon, mine should be in my hands shortly and then Paul's is next. John has been busy.

PTL 11-17-2019 11:37 PM

Stunning aesthetics. Congratulations!!

mikealpine 11-18-2019 09:35 PM

Spectacular, Mike, in every detail!

invguy921 11-19-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 6214375)
I have been remiss in my posts in this thread, I apologize as I have been following it. This does seem to be a first cousin to mine, at least the tops, I really like my rosette, but I have to say, yours is quite spectacular. I hope you are playing this soon, mine should be in my hands shortly and then Paul's is next. John has been busy.

Thanks Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTL (Post 6214419)
Stunning aesthetics. Congratulations!!

Thank you PTL. Appreciate the kind words

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikealpine (Post 6215192)
Spectacular, Mike, in every detail!

Thanks Mike. Great to hear from you

zemgit 12-09-2019 01:33 AM

My first post ever on this forum.

Wowza!! This John Kinnaird guitar is beyond stupendous. My congratulations to its owner for his vision and to John's exacting execution (and vision). And I thought my Kinnaird was the belle of the ball.

Guitars44me 12-09-2019 11:36 AM

Welcome Zemgit

Hey Zemgit! Welcome to the candy store. Now you have started don't hold back!
That Zematis retop was quite a project! I recall reading the thread a while back.

FYI everyone, I wrote to Mike and asked about his impressions and he is STOKED. He is also swamped with biz stuff, so it may be a while till we get the full report...

Mike said this one is the best yet, and I believe it! John's guitars keep getting better and better!!!!

Hope Mike does not mind me quoting his email:
"I think this last JK may be my best so far.... I’m a happy camper. I am down to three guitars and hopefully won’t have to sell any more. The waterfall Bubinga OM he built me gets better by the day."

I figure my new BIG GUN will be done early next year. Fortunately I have my first two JK Customs to console me till I get it and THE OVERLORD back!

Cheers

Paul

invguy921 12-12-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 6234154)
Hey Zemgit! Welcome to the candy store. Now you have started don't hold back!
That Zematis retop was quite a project! I recall reading the thread a while back.

FYI everyone, I wrote to Mike and asked about his impressions and he is STOKED. He is also swamped with biz stuff, so it may be a while till we get the full report...

Mike said this one is the best yet, and I believe it! John's guitars keep getting better and better!!!!

Hope Mike does not mind me quoting his email:
"I think this last JK may be my best so far.... I’m a happy camper. I am down to three guitars and hopefully won’t have to sell any more. The waterfall Bubinga OM he built me gets better by the day."

I figure my new BIG GUN will be done early next year. Fortunately I have my first two JK Customs to console me till I get it and THE OVERLORD back!

Cheers

Paul

I am on the run with a very busy season for me but will take a minute to chime in on this. It's confirmed, this is John's best guitar that I've ever owned or played...which is saying a lot in that I own a superb Kinnaird OM with Waterfall Bubinga that is beyond good tonally (and gets better by the day :up:). Additionally, I've owned or played close to 20 of his guitars over the past five years. :guitar:

This one has just everything you could possibly want tonally. The bass response is thunderous (in a very good way...deep, pronounced, clean and pure), and the mids and trebles just sparkle with life. I have a good understanding of the "whys" and certainly the woods contribute. But John has made a few very positive changes over the past year or so that just flat out deliver the goods. If I ever find the time AND someone to play, I'll create a video although amatuer videos rarely tell the real story. I would encourage ANYONE who is considering a custom to consider John.