The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   SANTA CRUZ GUITAR CO. Fingerstyle Model [Italian Spruce | Claro Walnut] (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632257)

iim7V7IM7 07-26-2022 02:10 PM

Thanks much...:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1after909 (Post 7047628)
Totally Gorgeous with a capital “G”

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 7051184)
That is drop-dead gorgeous, Bob!

Looking forward to Mathew's video and your review once you have it in hand in late August!

Congrats on another winner!

justonwo 07-26-2022 03:52 PM

Utterly gorgeous. Excellent taste, as usual.

JCM615 07-26-2022 04:24 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing it, but in the meantime the pure artistry of that one is incredible. The design concept you created is on another level.
On another note, my guitar room is on 48% at all times. I'd be happy to store it for a while, just to be neighborly 😁

iim7V7IM7 07-27-2022 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 7051869)
Utterly gorgeous. Excellent taste, as usual.

All the credit goes to SCGC...:) I just told them what I wanted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCM615 (Post 7051889)
I'm looking forward to hearing it, but in the meantime the pure artistry of that one is incredible. The design concept you created is on another level.
On another note, my guitar room is on 48% at all times. I'd be happy to store it for a while, just to be neighborly 😁

Aside from neck/scale ergonomic adjustments based on my playing preferences (narrower nut and wider bridge spacing) and wood choices recommended by Richard based on his understanding of my tonal preferences, this is pretty much a standard FS model. My aesthetic touches were the buttered toast sunburst, paua abalone purflings & rosette, MOP art deco inlay at the 12th fret, simple maple purflings, African Blackwood bindings and custom Macassar Ebony tuner buttons.

Your guitar room seems like a good home for it :)

cigarfan 07-28-2022 07:35 AM

Man, that is one beautiful guitar! Pardon me while I step away to get my drool rag. :)

Kenny B 07-28-2022 11:34 AM

I’m impressed, what a great looking guitar. Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like should Matt make a video.

iim7V7IM7 07-29-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarfan (Post 7052941)
Man, that is one beautiful guitar! Pardon me while I step away to get my drool rag. :)

You have a drool worthy collection yourself Dennis…:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny B (Post 7053062)
I’m impressed, what a great looking guitar. Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like should Matt make a video.

I did speak with Matt yesterday and he did mention that he planned on making a video while the guitar stays at Eddie’s.

iim7V7IM7 08-25-2022 10:51 AM

NGD – Arrived Safe & Sound

Sometimes one cannot control the schedule as to when custom guitars arrive. Due to delays in Santa Cruz’s shop schedule and my summer travel plans, it turned out that my FS arrived today about one hour after my 000 12-fret from Steve Kinnaird arrived! These were supposed to have arrived about 6 months apart. So, a double NGD it is…😊.

Aside from unboxing it, inspecting it for damage, tuning it up, playing a few chords, and my work schedule, I cannot relate much more than it is beautiful, plays well and sounds good. Despite being a larger guitar (15-7/8” lower bout and 4-3/8” deep) it is a fairly light guitar at 4 lb. 1 oz.). I took a few shots out back for my insurance that show how beautiful it is, the figure in the Claro Walnut and the custom Bill Wise Macassar Ebony tuner buttons.

I will follow-up with a bit more once I play it a bit and get to know it this weekend.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...83A1C65FD.jpeg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...475B13319.jpeg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...E89FB6B0A.jpeg

J Patrick 08-25-2022 11:29 AM

Wowza!!!….

Deft Tungsman 08-26-2022 04:39 AM

Amazing!! That’s a strong contender for the prettiest set of claro walnut I’ve ever seen!! Enjoy the honeymoon, man.

Richard Mott 08-26-2022 05:27 AM

That walnut is truly an amazing set!

mhw48 08-26-2022 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 (Post 7072558)
Sometimes one cannot control the schedule as to when custom guitars arrive. Due to delays in Santa Cruz’s shop schedule and my summer travel plans, it turned out that my FS arrived today about one hour after my 000 12-fret from Steve Kinnaird arrived! These were supposed to have arrived about 6 months apart. So, a double NGD it is…��.

Having one new guitar arrive is, at least for me, such an exciting experience that I think having two arrive on the same day would be overwhelming (in a good way!) Congratulations on your NG(s)D, they are beauties! It will be interesting to compare two new guitars as they break in.
I see that the Kinnard came with a Visesnut case, what is the case with the Froggy?

JCM615 08-26-2022 10:30 AM

That buttered toast burst is just perfect! So is the single fretboard inlay. I really
like what you did with this one.

iim7V7IM7 08-26-2022 10:38 AM

I think you meant Santa Cruz and not Froggy Bottom. Santa Cruz comes with a custom Ameritage case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhw48 (Post 7073105)
Have one new guitar arrive is, at least for me, such an exciting experience that I think having two arrive on the same day would be overwhelming (in a good way!) Congratulations on your NG(s)D, they are beauties! It will be interesting to compare two new guitars as they break in.
I see that the Kinnard came with a Visesnut case, what is the case with the Froggy?

mhw48 08-26-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 (Post 7073303)
I think you meant Santa Cruz and not Froggy Bottom. Santa Cruz comes with a custom Ameritage case.

Yes, Santa Cruz, I was following your Froggy Bottom build as well!