The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Awaiting... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523413)

jwellsy 03-29-2019 05:37 PM

Good job Captain!

There must be something swirling around the Ethernet. I just picked up a harmonica and working my way through this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Sebast...oAAOSwXY5ZP~Au

Captain Jim 03-29-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwellsy (Post 6022014)
Good job Captain!

There must be something swirling around the Ethernet. I just picked up a harmonica and working my way through this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Sebast...oAAOSwXY5ZP~Au

Thanks. When I bought the harmonica (Hohner Marine Band), it came with a one-month free subscription to a blues harmonica course; $16.95 per month after that. The guy doing the course said, "If you practice regularly, you should be able to play a song in about 2 months..."

Two months? I've gone through a couple modules of that course, mostly to understand how to tongue block. (insert your own "Junior High School first kiss " joke here :D )

So far, what I have gotten out of it is a sore jaw and chapped lips. :roll:

Guest 928 03-30-2019 09:37 AM

The Kazoo is easier. One year I bought a gross of Kazoos and passed them around to all the village kids. Within minutes those kids were making some great sounds. For about a week the village was full of joyful sound. Once the parents figured out where the Kazoos came from, I had to hide out for while.

Captain Jim 03-30-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanB (Post 6022477)
The Kazoo is easier. One year I bought a gross of Kazoos and passed them around to all the village kids. Within minutes those kids were making some great sounds. For about a week the village was full of joyful sound. Once the parents figured out where the Kazoos came from, I had to hide out for while.

You don't hear a lot of blues kazoo players. ;)

Earl49 03-30-2019 06:35 PM

Hard to find the minor pentatonic scale on the kazoo. :D

Guest 928 03-31-2019 09:35 AM

I didn't say it was an easy instrument to learn. It's a very sensitive horn and it takes a pentatonic sort of person to play the pentatonic scale.

kramster 03-31-2019 10:21 AM

I was in a non kazoo strictly pentatonic relationship once..ok maybe twice

jdinaz 03-31-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramster (Post 6023476)
I was in a non kazoo strictly pentatonic relationship once..ok maybe twice

So that means you had 5 girl friends at once?? Good way to lose your kazoo.

steelvibe 03-31-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdinco (Post 6023487)
So that means you had 5 girl friends at once?? Good way to lose your kazoo.

:roll:

It took a few seconds but oh my.......

David Eastwood 03-31-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanB (Post 6023426)
I didn't say it was an easy instrument to learn. It's a very sensitive horn and it takes a pentatonic sort of person to play the pentatonic scale.

I hear that Pentatonia is lovely at this time of year.

Guest 928 03-31-2019 06:21 PM

We are, of course, talking about carbon fiber Kazoos.

Ah, to be Petatonic in Petatonia, when the Petonias bloom.

Earl49 03-31-2019 06:41 PM

I used to live in Petaluma, and played pentatonic scales there. But we never had petunias.....

Captain Jim 04-05-2019 05:29 PM

Home! Four driving days, but I did pull the X10 out a time or two once we were settled in for the evening.

We rolled onto our island and had the motorhome parked by the house at 3:00 this afternoon... mostly unloaded by 6:00. We always say, "Let's not be crazy about unloading..." but we always are. On the bright side, I left one guitar out while we were gone: the X7. I took a "3 song break" from carting stuff and played that great little guitar. Love it! Rufus loves it. In between carting stuff, the Blonde applauded... and said, "You are a happy boy, aren't ya?" Yep. In another day or two, I'll get some more guitars out... although the X10 and the Yamaha Silent Guitar are on the wall, already. I did miss having the variety while we were out.

Once we get the motorhome cleaned up and put away, I will have more time to get my guitar room set back up. Right now, I feel like I need a break. ;)

My apologies for the non-kazoo content.

Captain Jim 04-07-2019 07:49 AM

I must have been road weary when I made that post above... it was 5 days of driving, not 4. On the bright side, the X20 got to come out and play... it makes my heart, ears, fingers, and belly (from the rumble) happy. :)

Guest 928 04-07-2019 09:31 AM

And now you have time to work on your Kazoo. Life is good.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=