The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hatcher Studio '16 #2 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424977)

Zandit75 08-25-2016 12:32 AM

Mark, that is absolutely gorgeous!!
That last picture you posted with the arty overlay looks it could be your new company logo, I love it!!
One question, the Bass E string looks to be very close to the edge of the fretboard, is that just an illusion from the angle it was taken, or is that normal for your designs? I'd imagine there is not much heavy string bending done on your masterpieces! :D:D

Mark Hatcher 08-25-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoni (Post 5044608)
You are literally the only person causing me gas.

Thanks yoni!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessupe (Post 5044646)
Super duper amazing, mind blown, perhaps the prettiest mean looking guitar I've ever seen.

Thank you jessupe! Prettiest mean looking guitar-- that's great :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross748 (Post 5044669)
Love the combination Mark ��

Thanks! I did the first guitar in this combination as a client request. Tasteful client, that one! I'm glad I have more of these Black Ebony sets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zandit75 (Post 5044683)
Mark, that is absolutely gorgeous!!
That last picture you posted with the arty overlay looks it could be your new company logo, I love it!!
One question, the Bass E string looks to be very close to the edge of the fretboard, is that just an illusion from the angle it was taken, or is that normal for your designs? I'd imagine there is not much heavy string bending done on your masterpieces! :D:D

Thanks Zandit75! Amazing the things you can do with an I-phone app.
I suppose the photo angles and the black binding on the fretboard against a black background makes the low E look closer than it is. It's on the money at 1/8th" center in from the edge at the nut.

I set this guitar up specifically for fingerstyle playing. I went a little wider at the nut at 1 13/16ths". The saddle spacing is 2 1/4". The raised fretboard makes the upper frets more accessible and the strings feel more available for picking. I hope to get some sound samples up in the next couple weeks to show this guitar is not all looks!

TEK 08-25-2016 09:24 AM

Mark,
Your foresight and ability to design and build these works of art is incredible. Every creation of yours seems to outdo the last. Anyone who has attempted to build guitars can appreciate the tremendous skill, patients, and talent you have. Please keep posting as you are an inspiration to all.
Thanks
Travis

Mark Hatcher 08-25-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEK (Post 5044978)
Mark,
Your foresight and ability to design and build these works of art is incredible. Every creation of yours seems to outdo the last. Anyone who has attempted to build guitars can appreciate the tremendous skill, patients, and talent you have. Please keep posting as you are an inspiration to all.
Thanks
Travis

Thank you Travis,

This whole guitar building thing really does become an addiction doesn't it?

Mark Hatcher 08-31-2016 02:07 PM

Baritone

Tomorrow is the first of the month which means I'm starting a new guitar. I'm in the dream stage now, dreaming baritone;

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8047/2...0fe26f3b_c.jpg

quentinjazz 09-01-2016 12:03 PM

On the dream stage, and working in flip flops must be part of a dream too.. I wish I could :D:D

cigarfan 09-01-2016 01:32 PM

Well, you can dream baritone but I'm going to keep dreaming Ebony Penelope for a while. Another dream guitar Mark. And it has all that abalone. Yikes. Is it spoken for?

Mark Hatcher 09-01-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarfan (Post 5052539)
Well, you can dream baritone but I'm going to keep dreaming Ebony Penelope for a while. Another dream guitar Mark. And it has all that abalone. Yikes. Is it spoken for?

Hi cigarfan,

Charlie is should be coming over tomorrow morning to do some sample recordings of that Ebony Penelope. I'll start posting it up for sale after I get that put together.

I have also been recording some video content with this guitar. I am trying to pull together a more general "Hatcher Guitar" video for my website. Hoping to have this guitar and Charlie in the sound track.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Hatcher 09-02-2016 12:22 PM

Penelope Sound Sample Clip

Here is the sample sound clip of my latest Penelope I recorded with Charlie Chronopoulos today. Charlie is playing to show the guitar's balance and accessibility to the upper frets with the elevated fretboard on this full bodied guitar.
Also, please take a look at the light reflection action happening with that sculpted Black Ebony headstock;

I'll try to get this guitar posted up on the September available guitars thread today

Thanks for viewing!
Mark

TomB'sox 09-03-2016 09:06 AM

That guitar is stunning Mark. The recording is fantastic for letting people hear the sound of the guitar. I approve. Get the low and the high and the mids fantastic!!! I can't see this one hanging around the shop for long.

Mark Hatcher 09-04-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5054213)
That guitar is stunning Mark. The recording is fantastic for letting people hear the sound of the guitar. I approve. Get the low and the high and the mids fantastic!!! I can't see this one hanging around the shop for long.

Thanks Tom!

jrmyrnsm 09-07-2016 08:10 AM

I've been drooling over this thread for weeks now. You do some outstanding work Mark! Beautiful craftsmanship from top to bottom! :D

ukejon 09-07-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher (Post 5051697)
Tomorrow is the first of the month which means I'm starting a new guitar. I'm in the dream stage now, dreaming baritone;

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8047/2...0fe26f3b_c.jpg

I'm dreaming about an all mahogany Josie........;)

Mark Hatcher 09-07-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukejon (Post 5058417)
I'm dreaming about an all mahogany Josie........;)

Great! I'm pretty sure I'll be starting one pretty soon!

Mark Hatcher 09-23-2016 11:57 AM

I've been bust posting on the Bacchus build thread and noticed I haven't updates this one in awhile. I haven't posted anything on this Greta EIR and Swiss Alpine Spruce guitar I've been working on. It has Cocobolo trim and is for a left handed player. It will be ready for finish next week;

https://c6.staticflickr.com/9/8142/2...bb0d0945_c.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8827/2...201c55a2_c.jpg

You may have noticed it carries a large sound port, a rosewood neck, and a Cocobolo arm bevel. This will be one guitar I'll have trouble playing during the usual 2 week settling in period I usually give a guitar before delivery.