The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Four to Three video {slide show} (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548904)

TBman 06-07-2019 07:33 AM

Four to Three video {slide show}

I'm still trying to decide if I like this tune of mine and whether I should re-record, develop it more...... I have a love/hate relationship with some of my compositions :)

rémy64 06-07-2019 08:38 AM

I always prefer to listen to music without watching the slideshow, so as not to be distracted by the beautiful pictures.
For my part I find this piece well done, it seems complete.

islandguitar 06-07-2019 12:43 PM

I like it, Barry! I think the melodic tones are different enough and yet compliment each other.
As Tommy Emmanuel ( who I'll see again in concert next month!), indicates "say what you want to say and then get out"! (paraphrase). :)

One thing that's helping your tunes is that you're using the DAW to fade out at the end. It's a small thing, but I always kind of look for that instead of things ending like they were abruptly cut off. IMO, it's often what you're left with at the end that can support a lasting impression of a tune.
Hope that helps!!
Best,
Fred

Glennwillow 06-07-2019 12:56 PM

Well, I thought that was really nice, Barry. I enjoyed your musical piece -- I thought it was well done and quite melodic. The guitar sounds good, your playing sounds good, and the piece flows quite well.

And I liked your slides. The pictures seemed almost impressionistic, which was cool -- they seemed to match your guitar work, which was also kind of impressionistic.

Very nice!

- Glenn

MikeMcKee 06-07-2019 01:07 PM

I thought that was a lovely piece Barry. I think it stands on it's own as is, but you could always develop a bit more and lengthen it a little. I don't know what kind of problem you could have with that one...

TBman 06-07-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rémy64 (Post 6080651)
I always prefer to listen to music without watching the slideshow, so as not to be distracted by the beautiful pictures.
For my part I find this piece well done, it seems complete.

Thanks Remy! :)

TBman 06-08-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 6080884)
I like it, Barry! I think the melodic tones are different enough and yet compliment each other.
As Tommy Emmanuel ( who I'll see again in concert next month!), indicates "say what you want to say and then get out"! (paraphrase). :)

One thing that's helping your tunes is that you're using the DAW to fade out at the end. It's a small thing, but I always kind of look for that instead of things ending like they were abruptly cut off. IMO, it's often what you're left with at the end that can support a lasting impression of a tune.
Hope that helps!!
Best,
Fred

Thanks Fred:)

I bet the TE show will be great, enjoy it!

TBman 06-10-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6080893)
Well, I thought that was really nice, Barry. I enjoyed your musical piece -- I thought it was well done and quite melodic. The guitar sounds good, your playing sounds good, and the piece flows quite well.

And I liked your slides. The pictures seemed almost impressionistic, which was cool -- they seemed to match your guitar work, which was also kind of impressionistic.

Very nice!

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Sometimes I'll spend more time than I should just getting the photos. There's so much great stuff out there.

Finger Stylish 06-10-2019 12:02 PM

What a beautiful piece of music. Why wouldn't you develop it. I like it as is, but I'm sure you could build it further if you want.
I Like!:)

rmp 06-10-2019 12:21 PM

I like this a lot, I think it sounds great. I like your approach when you slow things down and then get things underway again. The only thing I'd change is make it longer! HA! seriousness do what you feel here,.. I just really like the textures your'e getting, but really it's perfect just like that.

And as a lover of landscape photography, I also liked the aspect of it too.

Nice job Barry.

TBman 06-11-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMcKee (Post 6080903)
I thought that was a lovely piece Barry. I think it stands on it's own as is, but you could always develop a bit more and lengthen it a little. I don't know what kind of problem you could have with that one...

Thanks Mike! :)

TBman 06-12-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finger Stylish (Post 6083145)
What a beautiful piece of music. Why wouldn't you develop it. I like it as is, but I'm sure you could build it further if you want.
I Like!:)

Thanks Vance! :)

TBman 06-14-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmp (Post 6083168)
I like this a lot, I think it sounds great. I like your approach when you slow things down and then get things underway again. The only thing I'd change is make it longer! HA! seriousness do what you feel here,.. I just really like the textures your'e getting, but really it's perfect just like that.

And as a lover of landscape photography, I also liked the aspect of it too.

Nice job Barry.

Thanks Rmp, I enjoy doing these slide show videos. It beats looking at an old playing a guitar :)