The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale: Steve Kinnaird 12c FS/SJ SOLD AGF, thanks (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550955)

Guitars44me 07-01-2019 11:14 AM

Steve Kinnaird 12c FS/SJ SOLD AGF, thanks

Steve Kinnaird FS (fingerstyle). 12 fret Cutaway with Soundport +++

SOLD AGF! Everyone stay well and have FUN

I made the "mistake" of putting new strings on it after a couple months of Tone-Rite aging. It was hanging on my well humidified music room wall... OOPS. THIS SOUNDS GREAT, AND PLAYS SPECTACULARLY WELL

Now finally up on Reverb if you want to pay extra! Haha:

https://reverb.com/item/33630515-ste...firmation=true

Was $4,725 Shipped, insured!
NEEDS NOTHING ! This sweetheart is ready to GO!

Originally asked $5950

Shipped, tracked, on me, and insured on my heritage account. I will split any payment fees if used.

Reasonable offers considered

No trades on this one, please.

May I present
Very Special Lovely Old Redwood/East Indiian Rosewood
Steve Kinnaird FS model:
12 fret cutaway
Lovely Old Redwood/EIR
Completely Bound in Macassar Ebony.
Macassar Ebony bridge.
Black Ebony fretboard with "Mystic Martin pattern" Abalone inlay.
Beautiful Green Abalone rosette and top purfling.
Sound port enhances tone and volume for player and audience both.
Teardrop clear pickguard to protect the Redwood top.
Strap button on neck heel from Kinnaird.
Chrome Gotoh 510 tuners with Ebony buttons. Smooth as silk...
Now sports Super hard Jescar EVO gold color frets! $450 upgrade.

This specs at $7350. It listed at $6,650 before the Jescar EVO hard gold (color) fret job.

This beautiful guitar has that great Steve Kinnaird tone, gorgeous woods, with a very easy to play neck. With the redwood top, it has warm, round tone, yet clear and present as well. This sounds great when played as a solo instrument, and also plays well with others! It’s a sensitive finger style instrument, but also works wonderfully with a flat pick, can be driven hard, and accompanies voices very well. An all around fabulous guitar! I wish I could afford to keep it!

My friend and Tech, Pat Quinn did a very minor fretboard level and installed Jescar EVO super hard gold color frets last fall. A worthy $450 upgrade!

Full disclosure: we found some tiny finish checks running parallel with the volute. Pat is sure it received a bit of a jolt in shipping at some point.
There is NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE. And no checks elsewhere on the guitar.
Pat wicked some super thin CA Glue under the checks and gave it a good buffing. They were hard to spot before and are now very difficult to see from almost any angle.
I took about 20 pics and only got a couple that show them. But they are there.
Most folks would never notice, and Pat and I overlooked them repeatedly, but this crowd? Hahaha...

Pat also gave the entire axe a nice buffing and it shows only the slightest signs of having been played. No other repairs ever done or needed.
No pickup, ever.
Action and neck angle are perfect.
Plenty of Saddle

Pat has worked for the last ten years as a Senior Tech at Taylor Repair in El Cajon. And before that for 10 years doing repairs at San Diego's famous and now closed (and missed!) Blue Guitar where he worked on just about every possible kind of guitar! He also has a home shop and works on his own for private clients.
His setups and fret work are world class. This plays perfectly and sounds wonderful.

Dimensions:
1.75" at the beautiful bone Nut
2.25" string spacing at the compensated bone Saddle
25.4" scale length
Low profile Slim C shape neck with a bit less meat at the shoulders.
15 5/8" lower bout,
19 3/4" body length,
4 3/8" depth at Butt
3 1/2" depth at neck heel
39" total length

This was a spec instrument, exhibited at Woodstock and Santa Barbara in 2016. It was reviewed most favorably by many of the folks who played it there. Some of you may remember it! Apparently it came very close to selling repeatedly...

Comes in it's original Six latch Cedar Creek case, in excellent plus condition!
This case has the most comfortable handle I have ever used. Nice touch.

From Stephen Kinnaird - "Our fingerstyle model. This instrument is the result of a collaboration with guitarist Bob Tucker. Bob wanted a guitar that would do it all: one that would not break up when driven hard, yet respond readily to the lightest touch. We stretched a 000-shaped body, and paired that with a 12-fret neck. The result was so successful the FS has been offered ever since. It easily made its way into the regular lineup."

BTW, Steve Kinnaird and his build partner Ryan are AGF sponsors and fantastic builders as well as lovely gentlemen!!!

I received recently this in a trade with AGF member bmh1 (Beth) who needed a smaller guitar due to a shoulder injury.

I got this knowing I would need to sell it. So up it goes before I get too attached! Sigh.

Here is the former listing from Steve Kinnaird:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=445459

As always, I will ship USPS third day Priority, insured on my Heritage account and swaddled like fine china. Boxed and padded for interstellar travel and Adult signature required.

Most happy to answer any questions

619-445-1189 if you care to talk. 9-9 PDT please.

Play on gang and have FUN

Paul

Sent from my iPad

Guitars44me 07-01-2019 11:36 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 24317Attachment 24318Attachment 24319Attachment 24320Attachment 24321Attachment 24322Attachment 24323

Guitars44me 07-01-2019 11:41 AM

Please pardon my reflections

This one is very shiny! Pardon reflections.

Awesome thin hard finish by Tony Ferguson, the finish wizard!

It appears there is a flaw at the side of the 12th fret. That is a reflection. I was attempting to show the boss fretwork and low action...

If you look super close perhaps you can make out the checks at the neck heel. Again, there is NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE!

This one is FINE

Paul

mountainguitar 07-02-2019 09:09 AM

This is a wonderful instrument! Steve and Ryan build great guitars and this one is special. Wonderful tone and very easy to play.

It was very hard one to let this one go to Paul, but my right shoulder does much better with smaller lower bouts at this point in my life. And I am enjoying playing his John Kinnaird, which is smaller. The 15 5/8" lower bout on this one isn't that large, but it's over the point of comfort for my shoulder.

This was was a joy in my life! GLWTS Paul!! You could just keep it in your stable for me to visit now and then :)

beth

Transylvania 07-03-2019 11:45 AM

This guitar checks a lot of boxes for me:

1. 12 fret cutaway- check
2. Nice wood combination - check
3. Excellent condition - check
4. Proven forum member on the selling side-Double check
5. The instrument the product of one of my very favorite builders - Double check.

Someone needs to treat themselves for the 4th!

TomB'sox 07-03-2019 01:20 PM

I also played this guitar and helped unite this with Beth. I would only have done so if I was 100% sure of the tone and playability. I am sorry her shoulder does not love the guitar. Steve Kinnaird builds a wonderful instrument and I would be very surprised if anyone would be disappointed in this purchase, plus the redwood is beautiful in person as well.

Guitars44me 07-04-2019 08:05 AM

July 4 Bump!

Thank you Frank!
I really appreciate your kind comments.
One more box checked for me. Soundport! I am a believer.
If you play and sing you may well find your vocals come quite a bit easier when you can hear the guitar better. It improves the sound for the audience as well.

And thank you Tom. This one was very difficult for Beth to let go. Your help and guidance was really wonderful for her! Fortunately, Beth has her beautiful new Ben Wilborn Lioness to console her in her loss. :)

And thanks again for the best guitar party ever! Glad to hear B.I.G. will happen again next year.

Let's talk. If you are on the fence, you will be very pleased I am sure!

Everybody have a wonderful Fourth of July and be careful with the fireworks! The folks here abouts need all their fingers, and their ears working properly too...

Cheers

Paul

palolowarrior 07-04-2019 10:47 AM

Happy 4th of July!

Paul knows guitars.
Trust him when he says that this a winner.

personally, I have owned two Stephen Kinnaird guitars. They were both excellent guitars in every way. Every guitar that leaves out of his shop is not only a custom work of art but an incredible musical instrument.

Guitars44me 07-05-2019 10:03 AM

Thanks Alan

Thanks Alan for the kind words and right on assessment of SK and Ryan's work!

2 gigs yesterday and two more today. ( NOT ON THIS, WHICH I HAVE NEVER GIGGED.)
Including a party last night and my fave roadhouse gig this evening! Not bad for an old guy... hahahahahahaha

Someone will LOVE this

Paul

JohnnyD123 07-05-2019 09:14 PM

Texas style

Very nice!

Godfather 07-11-2019 07:13 PM

Wow Paul. I am surprised this lovely guitar has not sold yet. Steve Kinnaird builds incredible guitars. This is one heck of a deal.

Guitars44me 07-13-2019 12:39 PM

Still here....

JD you would LOVE this one. Let's catch up on the phone soon.

Thanks Godfather!

It is a MIGHTY NICE axe!!!

A fine weekend to all...

Paul

Shorthand 07-20-2019 03:26 PM

My, what a nice hunk o wood. I haven’t played this one, but I have bought and traded several other instruments with Paul. I can tell you that you can feel confident in his description. Paul has all his instruments professionally inspected and set up by the best luthier around. Should you decide to follow his sage council and buy this guitar, you won’t be disappointed. I never have been.

j. Kinnaird 07-21-2019 10:14 AM

This is a really great guitar. Whoever gets this will not have buyers remorse.

Guitars44me 07-22-2019 07:32 PM

What John Said...

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird (Post 6117551)
This is a really great guitar. Whoever gets this will not have buyers remorse.

Lotta NICE guitars up FS hereabouts! This will keep up with any of them.

Paul