The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   B.I.G. 2019!!! CHECK OUT what the builders have been up too!!! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524390)

Joel Teel 10-18-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 5866560)
Woo-hoo! Got my confirmation of payment today!!!

Oh yeah--going to B.I.G. 2019!!! :D

Now we’ll officially get to meet. If you recall, when I first became active on the forum, you had mistaken me for a friend of Steve’s named Tim Shaffer, whom you had met in Memphis. ��

Joel

Joel Teel 10-18-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikealpine (Post 5865681)
And the check has officially been cut, placed in an envelope and stamped. It shall be dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning. Very cool!

Mike...after careful consideration (and first-hands-knowledge of your new Edwinson guitar)...I think that you should let the guitar stay at the shop until the show. We can deliver it in person...and I promise that it will be well played 😋

Joel

TomB'sox 10-18-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar (Post 5866558)
Thanks for this tip - I called and got on the list for 3/29/19 Collings tour. Haven't booked travel yet, but will try to make this happen, a great add-on to the event! :up:

That is awesome...that should be a really great start to an all guitar weekend!

Quote:

Oh yeah you are...really looking forward to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Teel (Post 5866576)
Now we値l officially get to meet. If you recall, when I first became active on the forum, you had mistaken me for a friend of Steve痴 named Tim Shaffer, whom you had met in Memphis. ��

Joel

Well, that won't be a problem after B.I.G. We should all be making lifelong friends I hope!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Teel (Post 5866582)
Mike...after careful consideration (and first-hands-knowledge of your new Edwinson guitar)...I think that you should let the guitar stay at the shop until the show. We can deliver it in person...and I promise that it will be well played 😋

Joel

Hey I vote for this plan too. Seems perfect to me LOL!

mikealpine 10-19-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Here's another highlight for me!! It will be great to meet you!

We're all going to have to wear name tags with our AGF names on them.

mikealpine 10-19-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Teel (Post 5866582)

Joel

Love this! Go for it, Joel!! I'd rather you guys travel with the guitars than me, lol! Seriously, though, Steve said you have good feelings about the guitar. Hope it's not just fluff for the guy next to you holding power tools, and that you really turned out well. :)

Nemoman 10-19-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Teel (Post 5866576)
Now we値l officially get to meet. If you recall, when I first became active on the forum, you had mistaken me for a friend of Steve痴 named Tim Shaffer, whom you had met in Memphis. ��

Joel

I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Joel, at B.I.G. and seeing your work in person!

But I'm thinking you have me confused with someone else--I've never been to Memphis

Nemoman 10-19-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikealpine (Post 5866811)
Here's another highlight for me!! It will be great to meet you!

We're all going to have to wear name tags with our AGF names on them.

Really looking forward to finally meeting you, Mike, and many other AGFers that I know by handle only!

+1 on the name tags--I'm sure Tom can come up with something... :D

nootis 10-19-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 5866983)
I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Joel, at B.I.G. and seeing your work in person!

But I'm thinking you have me confused with someone else--I've never been to Memphis

I think I was the confused one that Joel is, well... confused about.:D

Would love to attend B.I.G. to reconnect and meet a lot of you, but at this time I don't think it's a possibility. However, you never know, things might change!

Joel Teel 10-19-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemoman (Post 5866983)

This doesn稚 surprise me...the older I get, the more I知 able to confuse myself...I知 pretty sure...maybe...

Now I知 really confused

TomB'sox 10-19-2018 04:19 PM

I think I can splurge for name tags!!!!

handers 10-20-2018 08:53 AM

Sounds like the old RMMGA get togethers with tx Barbq. And workshops and concerts. Glad u r doing this

Hans

TomB'sox 10-20-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handers (Post 5867973)
Sounds like the old RMMGA get togethers with tx Barbq. And workshops and concerts. Glad u r doing this

Hans

Would love to have a player of your talent attend!!!! Give me a shout if interested...

TomB'sox 10-21-2018 01:09 PM

Example of music

Here is an example of Frog and Toad playing a very cool rendition of Eleanor Rigby. I promise at B.I.G. I will require different outfits!!! As an aside, Ben is playing the Black Lion that he built for me for which there is a build thread here: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=518696

You will be welcome to give that one a go if you head to the event next March, as well as hearing an evening concert under the Texas Sky including Frog and Toad, just sayin...

SJ VanSandt 10-24-2018 06:40 AM

I somehow missed it first time around: this is your new guitar that Ben is playing in this video! My first thoughts were that this is the best sounding Wilborn yet - someone is really getting lucky. And it's you! And it will be me too when I get to strum it at B.I.G. '19 - and all the rest of the lucky attendees. This is going to be so great!

Joel Teel 10-28-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5869012)
Here is an example of Frog and Toad playing a very cool rendition of Eleanor Rigby. I promise at B.I.G. I will require different outfits!!! As an aside, Ben is playing the Black Lion that he built for me for which there is a build thread here: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=518696

You will be welcome to give that one a go if you head to the event next March, as well as hearing an evening concert under the Texas Sky including Frog and Toad, just sayin...

Wow!!! This alone will be worth the price of admission. ❤️❤️❤️