The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pigtronix Infinity 2 looper? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569814)

jwhelan56 01-19-2020 06:51 PM

Pigtronix Infinity 2 looper?

Anyone have any experience with the Pigtronix Infinity 2 looper?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

JWJ915 01-19-2020 06:55 PM

I can't wait to try the new Infinity 2! Lots of features in a 2 button looper. I've used the original Infinity, but it had a lot going on for my personal preference. I currently use the Rang 3; it seemed more intuitive to me. Takes up a lot of real estate on the board, though. Been waiting a long time for a small-footprint, 2-button pedal with loops that could be independent of each other (different lengths). The Infinity 2 will fit the bill!

jwhelan56 01-19-2020 07:26 PM

Yep, that's what I meant was the Infinity 2.

My music partner wants to get one.

lppier 01-20-2020 05:52 AM

Yeah I’m curious too .. how much does it cost?

JWJ915 01-20-2020 06:59 AM

Looks like they'll be $200.

Petty1818 01-20-2020 07:42 AM

Definitely intrigued by this. Pigtronix have been making awesome loopers for quite some time and $199 is very competitive. I also like that you can get the additional control pedal for more features. It's nice to see someone realizing that a lot of loopers want a verse/chorus set up.

JWJ915 01-20-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petty1818 (Post 6270097)
Definitely intrigued by this. Pigtronix have been making awesome loopers for quite some time and $199 is very competitive. I also like that you can get the additional control pedal for more features. It's nice to see someone realizing that a lot of loopers want a verse/chorus set up.

Agreed! Pretty pumped up about this thing! Haha

lppier 01-20-2020 08:41 AM

Does it have the feature where the second loop can be twice or more as Long as the first loop?

JWJ915 01-20-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lppier (Post 6270159)
Does it have the feature where the second loop can be twice or more as Long as the first loop?

Yes it does.

ljguitar 01-20-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhelan56 (Post 6269723)
Anyone have any experience with the Pigtronix Infinity 2 looper?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Hi jw

Phil Keaggy (one of the masters of looping) uses his ancient Lexicon Jamman (32 sec total loop), a Line 6 DL4 delay 28 sec total loops), and a Pigtronix with the extension pedal (5 min total loops). Around 28:30 in the attached video he describes his rig.

Phil is the king of short, well done, very creative loops.

In a live interview broadcast on Guitar Gathering in 2015 he broke down his rig and showed lots of demos of the looping and the various ways he combines them. In the attached video, around the 12:30 mark he demos the Pigtronix a bit at length (for 5 minutes or so).

The Pigtronix was fairly new at the time, and I saw they just showed off the new version at Winter NAMM last week. I'd want to make sure it has the same features as the old one, and I'd want the extension pedal. If it drops to $200 and has the feature set I want, I'd be pretty tempted.

The whole interview is interesting for people who loop and want to improve. He talks through his whole floor rig and all his pedals (chorus, octave, compressor, loopers etc).

I own a Boomerang which is supposed to be the all-in-one looper for all time, and honestly, it's hard to update, and a pain to remember all the features, so it's on permanent loan to a friend. My lowly Boss RC-20XL still does me fine. I'd love to add a Pigtronix with the pedal.

Hope this helps…

lppier 01-21-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWJ915 (Post 6270171)
Yes it does.

Awesome then it’s on my wish list!

ljguitar 01-21-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lppier (Post 6270159)

Hi lppier

The loop lengths are independent from each other…yet the loops are still related, and the button controls can automatically start the other loop (from the one that is sounding) of stop altogether.

YouTube has a lot of demos on the Pigtronix Infinity 2 looper right now, several which go into a lot of detail about the operation (including the external pedal). Sweetwater has it advertised and has two great videos in their description of the unit.

lppier 02-01-2020 07:13 PM

I guess the question is - what features from the original infinity looper did they leave out to make this smaller form factor looper?

ljguitar 02-02-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lppier (Post 6281727)
I guess the question is - what features from the original infinity looper did they leave out to make this smaller form factor looper?

Hi lp…

Because it's release is coming up soon, we may just have to wait till it hits, and somebody does a thorough video on YouTube that outlines all it's features.

The copy on the site is still incomplete…

I've looked at all the existing footage of the new one, and it does MORE than I need a looper to do, and it accepts the extra foot switch they sell as well which adds functionality.

One thing I'm personally excited about is the basic requirement of the original (18V) has been dropped to 9V. Hopefully that means I'll be able to power it with my Lithium Joyo JP-05 Rechargeable Power Supply (I use it to power my ToneDexter).

lkingston 02-02-2020 11:09 PM

This video goes through the features:

https://youtu.be/O-PcSk3MnkY