The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "Best" threads. (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562873)

YamahaGuy 11-05-2019 11:47 AM

"Best" threads.

With all the recent "best" threads, I was wondering why there are so few "worst" threads? Is everyone trying to focus on the positive, or is there something else I'm missing?

Guest 33123 11-05-2019 11:49 AM

Generally turns into brand bashing which is against forum rules.

warfrat73 11-05-2019 11:50 AM

A) People want to know which is the best thing to buy.
B) "Worst" threads just turn into brand bashing and flaming, and disturb the peace.

YamahaGuy 11-05-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Doug (Post 6203833)

That makes sense.

cdkrugjr 11-05-2019 12:02 PM

On church music forums, the current "Thing" is Kanye, to the point where the "K-word" along with a certain song (Reckless Love by Cory Asbury) have been banned . . .

Along with innumerable threads that are basically, "You've never heard my voice, and I'm not going to tell you what my range is, but what key should I sing this song in."

So I'd NEVER ask, "What key should Kanye sing Reckless Love in..." . . followed by "How long before Tomlin covers Kanye and everyone forgets that Kanye was the original artist?"
:D:D:D

foxo 11-05-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdkrugjr (Post 6203847)
On church music forums, the current "Thing" is Kanye, to the point where the "K-word" along with a certain song (Reckless Love by Cory Asbury) have been banned . . .

Along with innumerable threads that are basically, "You've never heard my voice, and I'm not going to tell you what my range is, but what key should I sing this song in."

So I'd NEVER ask, "What key should Kanye sing Reckless Love in..." . . followed by "How long before Tomlin covers Kanye and everyone forgets that Kanye was the original artist?"
:D:D:D

Reminds me, do you have any bluegrass tabs for “Closed on Sunday, you my Chick-fil-A”? :guitar: ;)

Kerbie 11-05-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Doug (Post 6203833)

Perfectly said. The "worst of" threads really do waste a lot of moderator time and they almost always end up being closed or trashed.

We occasionally take criticism from folks unhappy with the AGF because they say they have to sugarcoat everything, but that actually isn't true at all. We're all allowed to voice honest, sincere opinions. Bashing occurs when folks are simply rude and take their criticism to the point of being ridiculous. "Worst of" threads almost always offend somebody because one man's ceiling is another man's floor. All our opinions vary considerably and what one person thinks is a trashy guitar might be the best guitar another person has ever owned. Harsh judgments just don't make many friends around here.

The rules state, "What sounds great to one person might not sound so good to another. That's okay! If you can make music with it, if you love it, it's the right guitar for YOU"! So, "worst of" threads have a hard time fitting within the rules of the AGF and for good reason.

Bob from Brooklyn 11-05-2019 12:53 PM

Esteban guitars and Zager guitars have been thoroughly discussed. Do a search. :rolleyes:

B Chas 11-05-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Bob (Post 6203897)
Esteban guitars and Zager guitars have been thoroughly discussed. Do a search. :rolleyes:

Nicely said, and from a New Yorker ( I know, you're from Jersey, the Brooklyn threw me off). First rule here is "be nice".

justonwo 11-05-2019 01:15 PM

Because they always devolve into arguments. And talking about the "worst" stuff is bound to be 1) a downer and 2) an insult to someone's sensibilities.

cdkrugjr 11-05-2019 02:24 PM

"Wurst" threads quickly become a sausage fest . . .

boombox 11-05-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdkrugjr (Post 6203965)
"Wurst" threads quickly become a sausage fest . . .

Best post here! :lol::roll::lol:

Tnfiddler 11-05-2019 03:22 PM

It was the best of times, It was the worst of times!!

L20A 11-05-2019 05:53 PM

By suggesting best guitars, you are ruling out the guitars that you don't like without having to identify them.
Just a nice way to go about it.

frankmcr 11-05-2019 07:35 PM

Got yer worsted thread right here

https://www.trc-leiden.nl/trc-needle...worsted-thread