The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Marketplace (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Larrivee Guitars at Organic Sounds (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664192)

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 01-26-2023 11:20 AM

Larrivee Guitars at Organic Sounds

Hi friends!

Please see our large selection of Larrivee guitars at Organic Sounds Select Guitars: https://organicsoundsguitars.com/col...rrivee-guitars

Here is a new comparison video of two excellent Larrivee 12 fret dreadnoughts from the Larrivee Traditional series: The SD-60 (sitka/Indian rosewood) and the SD-50 (sitka/mahogany). Two powerhouse instruments! Comparing them makes for a good demonstration of differences in tone between rosewood and mahogany as sound woods in two identically built guitars. What's your preference? :)

TomB'sox 01-26-2023 03:41 PM

Nice job, it is really hard to pick out a difference for me. I like the Rosewood better, but I could not really tell you why. Really surprising to me how similar they are.

Jeremy 01-26-2023 03:52 PM

I love the clarity and punch of mahogany b/s. SD-50 for me.

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 01-26-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 7177308)
Nice job, it is really hard to pick out a difference for me. I like the Rosewood better, but I could not really tell you why. Really surprising to me how similar they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 7177317)
I love the clarity and punch of mahogany b/s. SD-50 for me.

Thanks for the comments Tom and Jeremy. These two are similar, both very powerful with tons of volume and deep, rich tone, both really great guitars. In person, the differences might be more noticeable than in the video. Thanks for listening!

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 03-23-2023 11:21 AM

Hi friends!

I've got another Larrivee comparison video to share, this time between two very nice OM's: an OM-09 (sitka/rosewood) and an OM-50 (sitka/mahogany). The OM-09 is from their Artist Rosewood series, and the OM-50 is from their Traditional series, so there are differences in bracing and in trim in addition to the wood differences. What are your thoughts on these two OM's?

Thanks for listening/watching!

martingitdave 03-23-2023 11:39 AM

Very nice comparison vides. I tend to gravitate to the rosewood models. My Larivee L90 moon spruce is a really surprisingly good sounding guitar.

fngrpck 03-23-2023 01:08 PM

To me The Larrivee OM-50 wins here with its clarity and nice snap. Then again I'm an old man with old ears that gravitate towards the crispness of mahogany.

leew3 03-23-2023 03:08 PM

I'm a big fan of rosewood guitars and this comparison keeps my fandom in place. The mahogany guitars are lovely, I just like the crispness of the rosewood a bit better.

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 03-24-2023 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martingitdave (Post 7215174)
Very nice comparison vides. I tend to gravitate to the rosewood models. My Larivee L90 moon spruce is a really surprisingly good sounding guitar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fngrpck (Post 7215224)
To me The Larrivee OM-50 wins here with its clarity and nice snap. Then again I'm an old man with old ears that gravitate towards the crispness of mahogany.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leew3 (Post 7215308)
I'm a big fan of rosewood guitars and this comparison keeps my fandom in place. The mahogany guitars are lovely, I just like the crispness of the rosewood a bit better.

Hey, I appreciate your comments, guys! These two guitars definitely sound different from each other, probably more so in person than the recording shows. Usually when comparing two guitars, I have no problem at all figuring out which I prefer, but not this time. If I was buying one of these OM's for myself, I honestly don't know which I'd choose - they both have their strengths. Thanks again for listening and commenting!

Glennwillow 04-01-2023 06:27 PM

These comparison videos are just so much fun, Larry! And I must say, I am super impressed with how good these Larrivee guitars sound in your hands! I particularly like the sounds of the 12-fret SD60 and SD50 guitars! Those are really wonderful!

- Glenn