The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is your current plugged-in rig? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508551)

Rmz76 04-26-2018 11:06 PM

What is your current plugged-in rig?

Have noticed over the past five years more and more companies are producing pedals aimed at acoustic players... I'm continuing to go direct into my loudbox amp and sometimes use the DI output on it to go into a PA (using the loudbox as sort of a preamp). I'm curious what everyone else is using these days. Please share what kind of pickup you're using as well.

gfa 04-26-2018 11:13 PM

We play and sing into an Ear Trumpet Labs microphone. No pickups.

YamahaGuy 04-27-2018 03:20 AM

I have been preferring to use my A.R.T. pickup-equipped Yamaha guitars with a pedal board set up with (in this order) boost pedal, tuner (redundancy with these guitars, but handy nonetheless), Mooer Baby Water Chorus/echo, Donner Square Reverb, and Electro-Harmonix Canyon delay. All that heads direct into my Yamaha MG8CX mixer with the dials set mostly flat at 12 o'clock except for the bass I'll put at 1 o'clock. For vocals, I use a Sennheiser e935 into a compressed channel on the mixer with a bit of room reverb. Finally, that signal is sent to a Yamaha DXR10 sitting atop a speaker stand.

Wistah 04-27-2018 04:16 AM

Full band I play into the Avid Eleven Rack direct into the PA. Solo I play into one of three preamp pedals depending on the situation...

1. BBE Acoustimax Preamp (guitar), TC Helicon Mic Mechanic (Vox) into PA (Songwriter gigs).

2. Boss VE-8 for both guitar and vox if I need looper function and harmony effects ("upbeat" cover gigs).

3. Valeton Dapper Acoustic mini into PA for open mics / quick grab-and-go events.

SOMETIMES I play into microphones into soundcraft mixer into powered speakers. But that's rare and depends on having a GREAT, respectful audience.

llew 04-27-2018 05:03 AM

Currently K&K mini into a LR Baggs Session DI into a Fishman Artist 120.

The Bard Rocks 04-27-2018 06:06 AM

rig

No pickups, though I do have a Myers stick-on condensor used once in a while to balance the sound between instruments. Also, once in a while, I use a TC Helicon harmony/reverb pedal.

Otherwise, the instruments go through an Audix i5 and the vocals through a Sennheiser 945. I use Rode m5s for harp and Bohran.

That goes into a smaller Yamaha mixer and then into a Bose Compact. Usually. If there are more playing or I need more power, I will use Mackie 450s and/or a Peavey mixer that accommodates a lot more XLRs than the 4 the Yamaha allows.

MikeBmusic 04-27-2018 06:11 AM

Taylor ES1.3 or Fishman > Radial PZ Pre > Tubescreamer clone > old distortion pedal > Boss Chorus > Behr delay > Ditto X2 looper > PA

zombywoof 04-27-2018 08:59 AM

A cable and a freaky clean early 1960s Standel tube amp.

rct 04-27-2018 09:03 AM

Martin to Junky Dean Markley or Seymour Duncan soundhole pickup* to the usual wireless to my electric rig pedalboard to Custom Vibrolux. Tuner of course, and maybe a dab of chorus now and again, but mostly straight acoustic to amp.

Low rumbleback can be an issue but, well, I'm a professional ma'am. Sir. You know.

rct

*EDIT: It is directly because of this forum that I have been thinking about K&K, the first change(s) to my acoustic stuff in...decades I guess.

Photojeep 04-27-2018 09:04 AM

Guitar (either my Gibson J15 or Martin GPC-16E) into Boss TU3 -> Boss AD-10 -> LR Bags Align Reverb -> PA

Best,
PJ

1Charlie 04-27-2018 09:08 AM

The simpler and cleaner, the better.

Huss and Dalton Crossroads DS with K&K Pure Mini, into a K&K preamp, to a floor tuner, into a Yamaha mixer (flat), and from there into a JBL powered speaker on a stand, along with a floor monitor.

All of the above fit into my two-seat Mazda Miata.

Long tooth 04-27-2018 09:09 AM

Aura equipped Martin direct to Genz Benz Shenandoah then post EQ out to PA.

No pedals needed.

Todd123 04-27-2018 09:14 AM

Current Rig for live plugged in performance:

My guitar is fitted with a K&K Trinity pickup, so 3 contact pickups and a mic, going into a stereo A/B pedal so I can plug two guitars equipped like this and route the signal to my pedal board. The signal goes to a Grace Design Felix dual channel preamp so I can blend the two signals (mic&pickups) the effects loop on the preamp handles the Strymon Reverb and tuner. Then the signal goes to a Hilton Volume pedal. That is the pedal board rig.

However, I often choose to travel lighter and carry a Seymour Duncan DTar Solstice stereo preamp with a Strymon Blue Sky Reverb (which is Velcro'd to the top of the Dtar). Incredible beautiful sound.

The lightest rig - just a Schertler amp....

red5411 04-27-2018 09:35 AM

Good thread here.

I am thinking about getting a rig for solo acoustic/singing. Debating over an Alto Trouper 200W, or (1) Electro Voice ZLX 12", and mixer. Does anyone have any experience with either?

Thanks!

Rob

SeasideFunk 04-27-2018 09:43 AM

My rig

I have a Gibson Songwriter Acoustic/Electric plugged that into a TCHelicon Harmony Singer (does nothing for the guitar), DITTO Loop pedal , MXR Micro Amp pedal , and MXR Chorus pedal.

All is being sent to an AER Domino 3 Acoustic Amp.

Connect with me on FB
https://www.facebook.com/rickschererlive/