The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Goodall Thread (Serial Numbers, Pictures, Discuss Anything Goodall!) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348316)

Russrn 12-01-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David MacNeill (Post 6219473)
Anybody know what the dark brace wood Goodall uses is? Mahogany? Stained spruce? Cedar? Redwood? I can’t tell.

My back bracing is definitely mahogany, but the top is spruce.

David MacNeill 12-03-2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russrn (Post 6226246)

Yeah, that checks out here too.

Five Fourths 12-03-2019 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this one up a few months ago from Capital Guitars...#4439, AAA Adi/AAA Koa KCJC. It was my first 16" jumbo. I've found I get along well with the size.

BrunoBlack 12-03-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russrn (Post 6226246)

According to Jean, my TW-000 has top braces made from spruce and the top lateral braces as well as the back end side braces are made from mahogany.

sashae 12-22-2019 05:08 PM

Wild, seems I have one of the older ones - KGC527 with the date of 12-30-93 on the label...

sashae 12-22-2019 05:31 PM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a0c6d8cf_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...73b7c600_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...19574e4e_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...e0cf634f_b.jpg

BrunoBlack 12-22-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sashae (Post 6246206)

Looks nice — details?

SuperB23 12-29-2019 05:49 PM

This is one of my favorite threads on the AGF!!

I've noticed some new things brewing at Goodall. I've noticed James and Luke have started building some with Torrified Spruce. Sylvan had one there last time I was in. I also noticed that like a lot of builders they ran out of Madagascar Rosewood and its no longer on their price list. I have 6508 which is a TMdRBD with master grade Red Spruce over Madagascar Rosewood, it's a 12 Fret body shape but a 14 neck connections with 28" scale length. The guitar is quite amazing to play D-D tuning!!!

I've held onto a Great 2012 Standard in Redwood and EIR which I love and I have a 2007 NAMM Show Jumbo in Bearclaw Spruce and Honduran Rosewood. All Three Goodall guitars I have now are breathtaking to hear, play and see!! All three will draw you in and surprise you tonally pretty much every time you play them!!!

I can't say enough good stuff about Goodall guitars!

We need to get some '16, '18, '19, and soon 2020 Goodall guitars added to this list.

jseth 12-29-2019 08:12 PM

Where's The "LIKE" Button?!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperB23 (Post 6251669)
This is one of my favorite threads on the AGF!!

I've noticed some new things brewing at Goodall. I've noticed James and Luke have started building some with Torrified Spruce. Sylvan had one there last time I was in. I also noticed that like a lot of builders they ran out of Madagascar Rosewood and its no longer on their price list. I have 6508 which is a TMdRBD with master grade Red Spruce over Madagascar Rosewood, it's a 12 Fret body shape but a 14 neck connections with 28" scale length. The guitar is quite amazing to play D-D tuning!!!

I've held onto a Great 2012 Standard in Redwood and EIR which I love and I have a 2007 NAMM Show Jumbo in Bearclaw Spruce and Honduran Rosewood. All Three Goodall guitars I have now are breathtaking to hear, play and see!! All three will draw you in and surprise you tonally pretty much every time you play them!!!

I can't say enough good stuff about Goodall guitars!

We need to get some '16, '18, '19, and soon 2020 Goodall guitars added to this list.

There oughta be a "Like" button!

I honestly don't know why Goodalls aren't in the hands (and on the lips) of more players... I know James doesn't go in for all the flashy bling, nor for soundports or shoulder bevels, but his instruments are always impeccably finished and constructed... in the lexicon of "High End" acoustic guitars, they are a tremendous "deal", priced more towards the bottom of the "cost" list than the top.

Goodall acoustic guitars are, for my tastes, the finest sounding acoustic guitars on the planet...

BrunoBlack 12-29-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jseth (Post 6251752)
There oughta be a "Like" button!

I honestly don't know why Goodalls aren't in the hands (and on the lips) of more players... I know James doesn't go in for all the flashy bling, nor for soundports or shoulder bevels, but his instruments are always impeccably finished and constructed... in the lexicon of "High End" acoustic guitars, they are a tremendous "deal", priced more towards the bottom of the "cost" list than the top.

Goodall acoustic guitars are, for my tastes, the finest sounding acoustic guitars on the planet...

I totally agree. They are fantastic instruments. I purchased a new GC a couple of years ago that was ripe and mellow right off the shelf. Outstanding from day 1. Recently, I ordered a custom TW000 that arrived tight as a drum and frankly, it had me a bit concerned. However, it began to relax & mellow quickly; and having played it regularly for 5 months now, it is developing into one of my very best guitars. I’m a big fan and I agree they represent a terrific value.

DenverSteve 12-29-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jseth (Post 6251752)
There oughta be a "Like" button!...I honestly don't know why Goodalls aren't in the hands (and on the lips) of more players... ..

They are great but the vast majority of guitar owners don't play $5000 (and up) instruments.

Goodallboy 12-29-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverSteve (Post 6251798)
They are great but the vast majority of guitar owners don't play $5000 (and up) instruments.

I just took a 20 sec. look via Google and found 10 used Goodalls for sale. 2 of the 10 were over 4K. Most were 2-4K.

Great, great instruments are for sale at prices that people pay for lesser instruments.

DenverSteve 12-29-2019 09:46 PM

And fewer of most guitar players are paying $2,000 for an instrument - let alone a used one. I agree they are great. Mine is my favorite gigging guitar along with my 000-18 but everyone isn't going to spend that amount for a new guitar - or a used. one. We are the 2%. The rest don't spend anywhere near what many herein do.

Goodallboy 12-30-2019 07:16 AM

As a public service announcement, please don't assume that a $3,000 used Goodall that originally cost nearly $5000, is any less desirable that a new $3000 retail instrument, IMO.

You'd do yourself a huge disservice in believing that.

ALBD 09-25-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodallboy (Post 6251802)
I just took a 20 sec. look via Google and found 10 used Goodalls for sale. 2 of the 10 were over 4K. Most were 2-4K.

Great, great instruments are for sale at prices that people pay for lesser instruments.

Whoa times have changed fast!

I just picked up one on a visit with my buddy at a local shop. Not gassing. Blew my socks off. I’ll add picks and details here before long.