The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale: Collings 01G 12-fret German Spruce/Walnut - Bill Collings Signed Label (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567230)

Ukulele_Eddie 12-22-2019 09:21 PM

Collings 01G 12-fret German Spruce/Walnut - Bill Collings Signed Label

4 Attachment(s)
Collings 01G 12-fret, German spruce/Walnut - Bill Collings Signed Label
Purchased from The Music Emporium, this is a a wonderful sample of a Single Oh from Collings. Of course, the build is impeccably well-executed. The tone is warm and surprisingly full for a small bodied guitar. This guitar is in excellent condition and could pass for a new, but shop-played guitar. Bill Collings signed label (see photo).

Love this guitar but have too many and figure this is one that should sell easily since these are not easy to come by.

Specs below and I've also attached a couple of photos. For more photos, see original photos as posted by TME here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hes66nnCDjDtpH766

And a review of an identical guitar by Eddie's Guitars, a very reputable shop in St. Louis:

https://youtu.be/bLMEYS48Hz0
  • German Spruce top
  • Walnut back & sides
  • Ebony pyramid-style bridge
  • Bone nut & saddle
  • Waverly Tuners
  • 24 7/8" Scale length
  • 1 13/16" nut width
  • 2 5/16" string spacing
  • TKL Case
  • Serial No. 26071

Smoke-free, cat-free home home that is maintained at 45-55% humidity. When the instrument is cased, it always has Humidipak's.

Sorry, I'm not interested in trades because I should move some out and get down to 5-6 instruments. If I didn't want to reduce my count, I'd be keeping this. While I tend to prefer more figured woods, this sounds absolutely lovely. Wouldn't at all be disappointed to hang onto it, but happy for it to land in a new home.

Was $3,500 shipped ground, CONUS
Price was reduced to $3,300
Price now reduced to $3,150

I have already bought and sold several guitars here on AGF (and literally scores of ukes on UU, FMM and Ukulele Friend). I always offer a 3-day inspection period. If not completely satisfied, notify me within 3-days and send back to me at your cost in same condition and I will refund all but my shipping cost to you.

Thanks!

Ukulele_Eddie 12-30-2019 09:51 AM

A little bump. Start your New Year right, with a 12-fret Collings 01W.

Transylvania 12-30-2019 12:57 PM

What a sweetheart of an instrument. Perfect woods and specs for a fingerstyle couch guitar, upscale travel guitar, etc. Wish I had room. GLWS

Ukulele_Eddie 01-07-2020 05:48 PM

Thanks, Translyvania.

I was hesitant to list it, but figured it would snatched up pretty quickly as these don't come up for sale that often. As it wasn't, I'm going to close this thread and hang onto for a bit longer.

If anyone sees this and wants to be notified if I do decide to part with it, they can PM me.

Ukulele_Eddie 03-22-2020 11:04 PM

As I've bought a few more guitars, so need to move a few out. Don't really want to let any of these go, but probably should.

So, I've decided to re-open this lovely Collings 01-12 fret for sale since this wood combination is very rare.

Ukulele_Eddie 03-31-2020 12:34 AM

Bump for price reduction.

Ukulele_Eddie 04-07-2020 08:34 AM

Bump for a lovely Collings 01.

Recognizing this isn't the ideal time to sell an instrument, I may pull the listing this week. Having for-sale instruments linger makes me sad, like the last puppy at the pound, or the kid who gets picked last for sandlot baseball, LOL.

Sorry, no trades. Only willing to part with it if I reduce my count.

Stay healthy and safe, y'all.

Eddie

Ukulele_Eddie 04-13-2020 12:47 PM

Bump as somebody let me know the link to photos wasn't working. Fixed and also added a couple more pics to the in-line listing.

Ukulele_Eddie 04-14-2020 04:39 PM

AGF friends, I put this on Reverb today and already have an offer pending. It doesn't net me what I hoped to net, but I'm noodling it. So, if somebody would like to grab it for $3,200 shipped CONUS, don't be shy.

Ukulele_Eddie 04-15-2020 04:53 PM

I'm getting a lot of interest on Reverb and have two offers already. Neither hit my mark yet, so still available at this time.

Ukulele_Eddie 04-26-2020 09:33 AM

Bump for price reduction. Now $3,150 shipped CONUS.

lmorrisp 04-26-2020 09:55 AM

PM sent

Personal message just sent

Ukulele_Eddie 04-26-2020 01:03 PM

Sold pending payment. Thanks, AGF!

Ukulele_Eddie 05-05-2020 08:46 PM

Another happy buyer:

"It's a lovely guitar...Great sale, great seller."

Best part of letting one go is when you know it brings a lot of joy to the new owner. And getting to meet more good folks with interest in a common hobby is a nice benefit, too.

Will be selling a couple more in due time. Which ones, which ones...

Closing thread.