The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   LISTEN (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   What's Neil Young sounding like this year? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514188)

tippy5 06-18-2018 06:42 PM

What's Neil Young sounding like this year?

Getting psyched up for two nights in a small, 355 seat, concert hall tomorrow and Wednesday.
Wanting to familiarize myself with some of the latest, I played some of his NYARCHIVES.com music. It seemed that some of 2017 tunes were rough drafts.
Perhaps because of his all inclusive format of his website vault - a vast archive? I saw him on Saturday Night Live a few months ago play two really fine tunes.

Anyway my first time seeing/hearing him.

rokdog49 06-18-2018 06:53 PM

Don't know what to tell you except when we saw him years ago totally unplugged and alone, it was an out of body experience. Saw him in a 1500 seat venue with superb acoustics. If your event is half that good, you will be very pleased.

HeyMikey 06-18-2018 06:55 PM

Wow. I would be beyond psyched to see him in a small hall like that. I saw him several years ago and it was a great show. Not sure how he is sounding these days. Please report back.

JBCROTTY 06-18-2018 07:02 PM

Interesting question. I'm not a Neil Young fan - does his sound change from year to year?

Jcamp 06-18-2018 07:23 PM

I’d say he sounds old. I’m sure he can still make a martin guitar talk tho

muscmp 06-18-2018 08:10 PM

uhhh, probably like neil young. just a little older. what else is needed?

play music!

cigarfan 06-19-2018 09:56 AM

He sounds like an old man and he will likely play it too!

tippy5 06-19-2018 05:34 PM

Thanks for the stoked embers for tonights gig. I fibbed. I went to get the hard tickets today at the box office and the receptionist said Neil is not letting them out until an hour before the show to reduce scalping. Any way I asked her about the capacity and she informed me it was 604, not what I thought it was.

I'll report back.

Old sounds fine for me. I am 62 and hoping he doesn't go into a raging 120 Db 2 chord jam.

Captain Jim 06-19-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tippy5 (Post 5762041)
Thanks for the stoked embers for tonights gig. I fibbed. I went to get the hard tickets today at the box office and the receptionist said Neil is not letting them out until an hour before the show to reduce scalping. Any way I asked her about the capacity and she informed me it was 604, not what I thought it was.

I'll report back.

Old sounds fine for me. I am 62 and hoping he doesn't go into a raging 120 Db 2 chord jam.

I like the fact that he and the venue are not allowing tickets to be released ahead of time. Not sure if that is THE answer to scalping, but it sounds like a reasonable way to go.

Enjoy the concert - look forward to hearing your take on it.

MikeBmusic 06-20-2018 07:51 AM

Ticket prices were outrageously high in Boston, can't imagine what scalped tickets would go for!