The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   RECORD (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Migrate Youtube to Soundcloud??? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307959)

Judson 08-26-2013 08:02 AM

Migrate Youtube to Soundcloud???

Is this something that is do-able?

Is it possible for me to somehow just migrate the audio portion of my Youtube's of original songs straight to Soundcloud?

Thanks in advance ...

Excuse me for being so helpless.

napman 08-26-2013 10:01 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it can be done since you already have audio file in your YouTube file. I've never done that but again I think it could be done fairy easy.

Sorry, not much help here. Just my humble opinion. I actually have my files in both Soundcloud and Youtube :)

Judson 08-26-2013 11:20 AM

Thanks ... about the only time I start to feel like a senior citizen is when I need to do something "techie", LOL. BTW, see you're from the Yosemite area. Hope you are out of harm's way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by napman (Post 3598712)
Hi,

I'm pretty sure it can be done since you already have audio file in your YouTube file. I've never done that but again I think it could be done fairy easy.

Sorry, not much help here. Just my humble opinion. I actually have my files in both Soundcloud and Youtube :)

bbrown 08-26-2013 11:51 AM

You can download a "Youtube to mp3 convertor" for free. 'Google' that and there are many.

You just plug the Youtube URL into the box in the convertor and it makes an audio mp3 file. To get the YouTube URL just right click on the YouTube screen of the video, or just below it.

MikeBmusic 08-26-2013 12:02 PM

If they are YOUR youtube videos, don't you have the audio files on your computer already? Youtube compresses most audio files terribly. Better to start with your original files.

slide496 08-26-2013 04:25 PM

Hi Judson,

I don't know what your computer system is or what software you have or if you uploaded directly to youtube.

If I wanted to do this I would download from youtube to my desktop through the EDIT dropdown menu under the movie. That's on the page in your account with all the uploads.

I get to mine through a drop down list next to my name - its the Video Manager selection.

Then I would use my Quicktime Pro 7 and export it as an audio file by unchecking the video box. Quicktime Pro 7 is from apple for $29.00, its an older version and I don't know how the newer version works. I would export it as a wav or aiff file but it also exports mp3s.

(I only have 3 short tests up, myself, of the prewar slide I am focused on at www.youtube.com/studio249 - I am also a senior citizen and started playing slide 2-3 years ago.)