The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 PM
sharp_custom

Smile Website Development for a Custom Instrument?

Does anyone out there know of a web designer who would be willing to develop an outstanding website in exchange for a custom guitar?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:21 PM

I may be willing to do so, depending upon the details. What are you looking for?

Taylor Honey-burst 614c
Kala Mahogany Ukulele

Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Old 04-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Hey Sharp,
That sounds like too good of a deal, my friend. I have probably spent over 30 hours on my own website and that includes learning the program, etc... (but does not include the picture taking). The benefit of doing it yourself is that you can continue to update it with new pictures, information, etc... over time.

Financially, I think you will be much better off hiring someone outright or learning it yourself instead of trading an instrument. Just my two cents.

Peace Out,
Simon

Last edited by cotten; 04-13-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: website link removed due to AGF's non-commercial policy
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM

PM sent. You can check out my work @ treative.com
Old 04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
sharp_custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by macosx View Post
Hey Sharp,
That sounds like too good of a deal, my friend. I have probably spent over 30 hours on my own website and that includes learning the program, etc... (but does not include the picture taking). The benefit of doing it yourself is that you can continue to update it with new pictures, information, etc... over time.

Financially, I think you will be much better off hiring someone outright or learning it yourself instead of trading an instrument. Just my two cents.

Peace Out,
Simon
You're probably right! I wrote all the HTML code for my current website but I feel it's lacking something. Based on my current knowlege, that's as far as I can take it. I'm not sure which software to use to get what I want but I've been looking at dreamweaver and front page. I thought it would be a good opportunity for someone with the skills to get a sweet instrument for helping me out. I haven't looked into the cost of hiring someone to do it. I suppose I should though.

thanks, Don

Last edited by cotten; 04-13-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 PM

If it comes down to dreamweaver or frontpage, go with dreamweaver. I use visual studio, but it is considerably more expensive than dreamweaver and it is more for programmers than webmasters. Dreamweaver is a nice what you see is what you get program that does a pretty good job.

And understand that a properly built site is dynamic. The customer can update pretty much everything except perhaps the page layout without potentially breaking the site. I spend about 35 hours a week working on my program's training management site and at most 3 hours updating content. We have thousands of users who have to update training records or program data and I only have to get involved when someone finds a way to break something. So most of the 35 hours every week is working on new development and not maintenance issues.

Authorized Dealer of:
Breedlove - Jackson - Fender - Martin - Schecter Guitar Research - Crossrock Cases

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion