The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-28-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats! The 339 will sound a little different than a 335 but you may find it more comfortable to play. When will you get it?
I think you got these (339/335) backwards.
Maton EBG808
Alvarez AP66SB
Yamaha LL16R A.R.E.
Fishman Loudbox Mini

Electric:
1966 Fender Super Reverb
2016 Fender Champion 40
1969 Fender Thinline Tele
2015 Epiphone ES-339 Pro
2016 Fender MIA American Standard Strat
2019 Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat

Last edited by Jerry D; 11-28-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

I also ordered a Gibson studio ES339 from CME a couple weeks ago, taking advantage of their special sale pricing. Unfortunately it arrived with major fret issues (frets cut too short) and horribly ragged edge binding on the fretboard. Looked like a kid used a pocket knife to trim and whittle the binding. CME was great. They paid to ship it back, no problem. While I suspect I received an unusual lemon, I decided to not risk another studio model so they gave me a very fair price to upgrade to a regular (non studio) ES-339. It arrived last Monday and it is awesome! Excellent fit and finish, near perfect set up and looks and sounds fantastic. No comparison to the studio version I originally received.

Kudos to CME. Great service and great guitar!

I greatly prefer the smaller size of the 339 vs the 335 (likewise I prefer smaller bodied acoustics (OM ) vs. dreadnaught size). But the 335 certainly ranks as one of history’s iconic guitars!

Congratulations to the OP on your new ES 335! Enjoy!

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 11-28-2017, 11:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsnpucks View Post
UPDATE** - There was mixup with Chicago Music Exchange and my guitar had already been bought (it was after hours). They upgraded me to $1050 Gibson ES-335 in a Ginger Sunburst finish. The best part? Since it was there mistake, they kept me at $807! I am ecstatic! I had always wanted a 335, but the 339 appealed to me because of the smaller body size, but we are all acoustic players here, so I’m sure the body size won’t be an issue.
Wow. Great deal. Congrats!
Old 11-28-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastman View Post
I also ordered a Gibson studio ES339 from CME a couple weeks ago, taking advantage of their special sale pricing. Unfortunately it arrived with major fret issues (frets cut too short) and horribly ragged edge binding on the fretboard. Looked like a kid used a pocket knife to trim and whittle the binding. CME was great. They paid to ship it back, no problem. While I suspect I received an unusual lemon, I decided to not risk another studio model so they gave me a very fair price to upgrade to a regular (non studio) ES-339. It arrived last Monday and it is awesome! Excellent fit and finish, near perfect set up and looks and sounds fantastic. No comparison to the studio version I originally received.

Kudos to CME. Great service and great guitar!

I greatly prefer the smaller size of the 339 vs the 335 (likewise I prefer smaller bodied acoustics (OM ) vs. dreadnaught size). But the 335 certainly ranks as one of history’s iconic guitars!

Congratulations to the OP on your new ES 335! Enjoy!

Reading this was making my heart sink... hopefully I don’t receive a lemon. Was yours a floor model? Or was it used?

What kind of deal did they work out with you to upgrade to the big boy? (If you don’t mind me asking)

Congrats on the new guitar! I’d love to see a NGD post with some pics!

Ty
Old 11-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsnpucks View Post
Reading this was making my heart sink... hopefully I don’t receive a lemon. Was yours a floor model? Or was it used?

What kind of deal did they work out with you to upgrade to the big boy? (If you don’t mind me asking)

Congrats on the new guitar! I’d love to see a NGD post with some pics!

Ty
Ty - I sent you a PM.

— Coastman

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars