The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-19-2017, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Default **SOLD** 2016 Martin D-18 Sitka VTS (Music Villa Custom) -- DEAD MINT **SOLD**

**SOLD** 2016 Martin D-18 Sitka VTS Music Villa Custom (Serial # 20587XX) -- **SOLD**

Im looking to trim 2 guitars from my collection, so for my 2nd act, Im offering this incredible 2016 Martin D-18 Sitka VTS Music Villa Custom for sale, in DEAD MINT condition.

This is not your average D-18. Its way better! It has some critical internal and external differences along with top grade wood selection and attention to detail from the Martin Custom Shop.

It looks like your typical D-18 (without the aging toner) same open-geared Martin branded Gotoh tuners, same 1 nut MLO/PA taper neck with 2 5/32 string spacing, and the same 400 series OHSC. The key differences are:

- Adi Golden Era bracing, forward shifted, with tone bars.
- Grade 7/8 Sitka VTS top with wide straight grains, and beautiful peppery mahogany back and sides with no banding.
- 12/4 Mahogany neck with no headstock wings
- Beveled faux tortoise pick guard

It sounds INCREDIBLE. The best Martin Ive ever owned, period! Professionally set up at Music Villa to my specs of 6/64 low E, 4/64 high e, and ~ 0.005" relief. I really shouldn't sell this one, but Ive already got my one great dread in the Santa Cruz D/PW, and am committed to short scale for everything else. This guy really deserves to be played more than it has been, and am hoping it goes to a good home.

**SOLD**

Sorry, no International sales, and not looking for trades. CONUS only. (Absolutely no 3rd party sales or arrangements dont even ask)

I can be reached via PM, or email at brendan250 (at) yahoo (dot) com, and am also available by phone to discuss the guitar further for serious inquiries.

Thanks for looking!

For Sale: 2016 Santa Cruz (SCGC) German/EIR OM -- Like New! $3825 shipped CONUS http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...09#post5538909

Last edited by brencat; 11-21-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: SOLD. Thanks AGF!
Old 11-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

**11/21/17 Update** I have updated the listing to reflect that the bracing position on this guitar is in fact forward shifted.

This was brought to my attention by an inquiry and I have confirmed it with Music Villa... Adi Golden Era bracing, forward shifted, with 1/4" tone bar. Pattern DOMLE #3A. To be sure, I got out the ruler and the x-brace crosses 1" behind the sound hole, so this is legit.

Sorry for the confusion, folks! The older MV Custom D-18s had the modern position bracing. But these VTS Customs were built off the current production D-18 chassis, and that guitar of course has forward shifted bracing.

I now have the spec sheet for this guitar for anyone who cares.

Rgds, B

For Sale: 2016 Santa Cruz (SCGC) German/EIR OM -- Like New! $3825 shipped CONUS http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...09#post5538909

Last edited by brencat; 11-21-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Man, this is a really nice D-18.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton View Post
Man, this is a really nice D-18.
It sure is! All the right appointments at a great price. Were it not for the MLO/PA neck (I'm a Mod V guy), I'd buy it.

GLWS!

000-18GE MFG Custom 12-Fret
OM-18GE
Waterloo WL-JK

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars