The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM

The OP speaking here......A thousand thank you's to many who have gone way beyond to address my original post and provide much more helpful advice and info than ever expected. I have not yet decided as of today but getting closer thanks to the help here.
Anyone tried the Turbosound IP1000 array system with bluetooth and Ipad capable control? Tone compared to the Nano 600 or 608i, both the same amp, speakers, power and sub.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
The OP speaking here......A thousand thank you's to many who have gone way beyond to address my original post and provide much more helpful advice and info than ever expected. I have not yet decided as of today but getting closer thanks to the help here.
Anyone tried the Turbosound IP1000 array system with bluetooth and Ipad capable control? Tone compared to the Nano 600 or 608i, both the same amp, speakers, power and sub.
The TurboSound iP1000 gets great reviews. However, the portability appears to be an issue because the column doesn't break down as easily, and doesn't store for one handed carry. So, there is a lot of great industrial design you are paying for in the Nano 608i (and the JBL products for that matter) that is omitted from the TurboSound. But, for the price, it appears that the TurboSound iP1000s are very popular.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 PM

The thing with the Turbosound is that it is not that portable (because of the big column) and the sub is not that good. Soundwise is worst than L1c.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 PM

Worse than the L1c??? If so, what is better????
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-19-2017, 05:48 AM

When I say worse, I mean really worse, mostly because of the sub.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:29 PM

Hi all...new poster but I've been following the forum for a while. I am looking for a little more info on the Lucas Nano's but from a different perspective. I host karaoke and have a nice, traditional PA for my bar gigs (Yamaha DBR10s and an EV EKX15SP sub). But occasionally I host private parties at houses, and my PA is just overkill, and a lot to haul for those smaller gigs.

I have been looking for something simple and lightweight for these types of shows (as well as private use if I ever get back to playing guitar), and think that the Nano's might do the trick. I'm just not sure which direction to go. I am tempted to look at the 608i since it has the built-in mixer and effects, but it is around $1600. So I could also look at a pair of the 300s for around $1000, but then I would need to bring at least a small mixer. That's not a huge deal.

What I am wondering is if the single 10 inch sub on the 608i would be better than two 8 inch subs on a pair of 300s. In your experiences using them, do you think they would be pretty similar, or would you recommend one set-up over the other? Unfortunately, I haven't found anywhere in Minnesota to actually go check any out in person.

I have used a Fender Passport PD250 in the past, but that just really lacked the low end and the vocals would usually overpower the music, like the speakers just couldn't handle that much going through it. That has been gifted to my dad and brothers for their outdoor events in the summer. So I am trying to find something newer and better!

Appreciate any thoughts you all have from real-world use!
Old 12-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durnbock View Post
Hi all...new poster but I've been following the forum for a while. I am looking for a little more info on the Lucas Nano's but from a different perspective. I host karaoke and have a nice, traditional PA for my bar gigs (Yamaha DBR10s and an EV EKX15SP sub). But occasionally I host private parties at houses, and my PA is just overkill, and a lot to haul for those smaller gigs.

I have been looking for something simple and lightweight for these types of shows (as well as private use if I ever get back to playing guitar), and think that the Nano's might do the trick. I'm just not sure which direction to go. I am tempted to look at the 608i since it has the built-in mixer and effects, but it is around $1600. So I could also look at a pair of the 300s for around $1000, but then I would need to bring at least a small mixer. That's not a huge deal.

What I am wondering is if the single 10 inch sub on the 608i would be better than two 8 inch subs on a pair of 300s. In your experiences using them, do you think they would be pretty similar, or would you recommend one set-up over the other? Unfortunately, I haven't found anywhere in Minnesota to actually go check any out in person.

I have used a Fender Passport PD250 in the past, but that just really lacked the low end and the vocals would usually overpower the music, like the speakers just couldn't handle that much going through it. That has been gifted to my dad and brothers for their outdoor events in the summer. So I am trying to find something newer and better!

Appreciate any thoughts you all have from real-world use!

In theory there would be a potential for more sound power. However the amplifier in the 300 has half the wattage. I would be inclined to go with the 608i (I own one) because the satellite design is also better than the ones in the 300. Also, the mixer is very good and it’s one less thing to drag into someone’s house. You should order the S Connect pole. It’s an essential accessory.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:10 PM

Thanks Martingitdave...I sort of got that sense about the speakers reading about the 600 series. I would probably use it in the stereo set up, so I likely would go for the stereo stand set. Just so it looks like a more conventional PA for my OCD!

I could literally walk in with the 608i, the stands, a music stand, and a backpack with the mics and iPad and I am set!
Old 12-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

Has anyone here had the opportunity to compare the LUCAS NANO 608i head-to-head with the Fishman SA-220? We have used the Fishman SoloAmp for 9 years now, it does pretty much everything that we need. It would be nice to have 8 channels though, and I imagine that the with a 10" sub that the LUCAS NANO 608i has better bass presence than the SA-220.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:02 AM

Default HK Audio Nano 608i Thoughts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
Has anyone here had the opportunity to compare the LUCAS NANO 608i head-to-head with the Fishman SA-220? We have used the Fishman SoloAmp for 9 years now, it does pretty much everything that we need. It would be nice to have 8 channels though, and I imagine that the with a 10" sub that the LUCAS NANO 608i has better bass presence than the SA-220.

I’ve used both. Much better bass presence with the 608i. The mixer is great and the whole kit is not much more to carry than an SA220. Get the S Pole accessory as I mentioned above.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durnbock View Post
Thanks Martingitdave...I sort of got that sense about the speakers reading about the 600 series. I would probably use it in the stereo set up, so I likely would go for the stereo stand set. Just so it looks like a more conventional PA for my OCD!

I could literally walk in with the 608i, the stands, a music stand, and a backpack with the mics and iPad and I am set!

May I suggest you try the S pole first/also? The sound fills the room and makes it so much easier to transport and setup. It would be a slam dunk simple solution for you.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Thank you, Martingitdave, for sharing your experience comparing the Fishman SA-220 to the Nano 608i.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
Thank you, Martingitdave, for sharing your experience comparing the Fishman SA-220 to the Nano 608i.

You’re welcome. Keep in mind that the subwoofer on the 608i has a level control. So, you can make it as deep, or balanced, as you wish.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:56 PM

Thanks, Martingitdave...I'll give that pole a look as well.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

The S-Connect pole is a no brainer. I have the stereo kit but always seem to reach for the S pole. It's so quick and easy

Last edited by Al Acuff; 12-04-2017 at 03:17 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification