The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Music soothes the soul!

High praise indeed! Can't wait for the soundclip. You should suggest to Dave he become a sponsor here and show off more of his geetars.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:47 PM

Congrats, Dave!

It's a beautiful guitar and the headstock is particularly nice.

I'm also glad that others seem to enjoy a bit of pearl on their guitars!
Old 11-26-2016, 12:36 AM
Charter Member

Howdy Folks, thanks for all the comments and kind words! Here is a few fast iPhone recordings I just took, no adjusting or edits, this is as high tech as I get, lol, so have some imagination... I have to play real soft and relaxed or else it gets all choppy, like you rolled down the window on the express way... you'll get a general idea.. thanks

Last edited by Diamondave; 12-17-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:00 AM
Charter Member

Wow, Dave - It sounds gorgeous! I've heard of David Dart, but never any of his instruments. That bass response is all-encompassing! Very, very nice!! Love the playing, too!
Old 11-26-2016, 04:54 AM

Wow. Very, very nice. I really like the play and sound. The build pictures are great too. ( Does his laundry drying suffer mid-build? ) Very impressive!
Old 11-26-2016, 05:33 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Very nice Dave. Thought there for a minute I hopped over to Dream Guitars. Nice playing. Tone on the guitar is excellent.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for all the comments Folks... wish I could dig into the guitar and play with excitement and power as I normally would, the guitars shines when you dig in... but my iPhone doesn't...!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Smile Nice pickin'

Wow Dave! Nice to hear slower versions of those tunes. I always want demos to be slow and let the guitar ring!

When I was a band leader in my foolish younger days I would always try to get my guys to slooooow down. Heck, we don't get paid by the note!!!

Sweet axe. Sweet picking, too!

Good on ya!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 05-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Hi all, I just wanted to boost this thread from a few years back, because I happen to be the lucky owner of this guitar, and I want to sing David Dart's praises from a mountain top...fortunately, I live on a mountain haha . DAVID DART!!! If you like really really good vintage guitars, and you don't know about David Dart's work, you should.

David Dart lives way out in the country in Mendocino (northern California), not the best place to market his work I suppose. I have not met him, but I nonetheless imagine him like a wizard, secretly building masterpieces. He has been building instruments for 50+ years, and WOW has he mastered his craft. The fact that his work does not cost more is astonishing to me. (oh, by the way, he also makes ukuleles and mandolins)

Diamond Dave was not exaggerating when he said Dart was awesome. Dave is far better than I am at describing the qualities of guitars, and a better guitar player, so this is just a huge thumbs up for what he said about the guitar earlier in this thread. May David Dart get full and proper recognition for his great accomplishments.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop