The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Default price check: 1953 Martin 0-18

Hey, guys. I'm looking for a second acoustic to compliment my '95 Gibson Advanced Jumbo. I have saved up some dough thinking I'd get a used Collings (I'm in Austin, so it's kind of a hometown thing), but I found this little '53 Martin here locally.

It seems like prices on these things are all over the map. Can somebody provide a realistic number for a private party transaction for a 0-18? (Not a dealer.)
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Yeats View Post
Hey, guys. I'm looking for a second acoustic to compliment my '95 Gibson Advanced Jumbo. I have saved up some dough thinking I'd get a used Collings (I'm in Austin, so it's kind of a hometown thing), but I found this little '53 Martin here locally.

It seems like prices on these things are all over the map. Can somebody provide a realistic number for a private party transaction for a 0-18? (Not a dealer.)
Hi Dave…
First off Hello and Welcome to the Forum! We are glad you joined.

Second, you need to know that prices of guitars (new or used) are against the rules of the forum. People can respond to you in Private Messages, but no open discussions.

Other gear we can discuss prices, but not guitars.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the correction. I'll do some more research on my own. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Dave, your best bet would be to post over at the Unofficial Martin Guitars Forum. Those folks know their vintage Martins!

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor (by Harv L), Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:47 PM

I found some realistic prices on other forums, just try to search for it in google and you will find some people talking about it either in forum wiki answers or yahoo answers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion