The Acoustic Guitar Forum  

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-29-2010, 09:33 PM

Default Looking at a Sigma GCS3...

I have a DM1 and don't know much about the GCS3's Could someone tell me if these are as decent a guitar as the DM1? I have had my Sigma now for about 10 years and love it. I am hoping that I will get the same satisfaction from this one. Also, would anyone know what a good price would be for this kind of git?

Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jydsker View Post
I have a DM1 and don't know much about the GCS3's Could someone tell me if these are as decent a guitar as the DM1? I have had my Sigma now for about 10 years and love it. I am hoping that I will get the same satisfaction from this one. Also, would anyone know what a good price would be for this kind of git?

Thanks!!
I would say they are very inconsistent. You would have to play it for sure to know. I have two that are nice. The DM5 being better sounding than the DR-41. But I have played a number of really crappy ones.
Taylor 314ce
Taylor 110e
Martin D-18GE
Little Martin Felix II
Sigma DM-5
Sigma DR-41
Martin 000x1e
Washburn 314k Parlor, 125th anniv.
Yamaha FG730s
Liberty Mahogany resonator
Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Amer. Std. SSH Strat
Ibanez SZ520
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Strat Mini
Old 09-01-2010, 10:09 PM

so.. played the GSC3.have to say that I was disappointed. For starters, while it was a nice looking git, I didn't realize that was going to be that much smaller then a full dred. Secondly, I don't really care for the shorter scale. And third, I had a heck of a time getting it in tune.....

Since I had my daughter with me (it was going to be for her afterall), and she didn't seem too enthusiastic about it, we passed.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:25 AM

I have GSC4, that I picked up a thrift shop, I had always wanted a smaller bodied guitar. This one I am quite fond of to the extend, I changed out the tuners ( gold with white perloid buttons) put a bone nut and saddle, a martin/fishman pickup up)... I think it is pretty sweet.

I also have a DR12-7 ( 12 string ) have done no "upgrades", but it is a nice guitar to pick up once in a while..

... further to this ... I will no doubt look at any Sigma that I come across just to see what I might find...

the view from down at the crossroads.

a couple of guitars, a mandolin,bongo drums, some harps, a recorder, train whistle and a kazoo....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion