The Acoustic Guitar Forum  

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Amplification (Electrified!!!)

Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 AM

Default Marshall Amps As50r And As50d

Could some one please tell me are these good amps to use and what is the difrence in the r and d model.i have a option on eather one .I have a near new Johnson carolina jo26 guitar with a kk mini pickup.looking for advice .regards john
Old 08-14-2010, 03:55 AM

The AS50R is the older model, the AS50D is the current one. I suspect the D has digital reverb rather than the analogue in the R. The main functional difference is that the D supplies phantom power on the microphone input, while the R doesn't.

I've had one for a few years now, and though I haven't actually used it that often it has done a fine job when required. I got it originally to use in a small concert (about 40 people) and it did all that I needed.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmac View Post
The AS50R is the older model, the AS50D is the current one. I suspect the D has digital reverb rather than the analogue in the R. The main functional difference is that the D supplies phantom power on the microphone input, while the R doesn't.

I've had one for a few years now, and though I haven't actually used it that often it has done a fine job when required. I got it originally to use in a small concert (about 40 people) and it did all that I needed.
Thanks for the info that you supplied to me much appreciated ......john
Old 08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I was planning to buy the "D" variant but a mint condition used AS100 came on the market in my area. I think it is a great little amp. Wish mine was that light!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Amplification (Electrified!!!)