The Acoustic Guitar Forum  

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 09:25 AM

Default Levy Strap Extension Piece

I have a Levy leather strap it is Model #MSS75. I'd like to get an extension piece so I don't have to use the shoe strings to attach it to the head stock. I know, just put a strap button on the heel but I don't want to do that.

I've sent Levy a number of e-mails but never got any response. I know that they make extra long versions of their straps but don't know if they just include a longer adjustable strap or make the overall main portion of the straps longer.

Any ideas as to where I might purchase the leather extension?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 PM

Planet Waves Quick Release System. I started useing this because I hated useing the shoe string as well (it got to be a pain everytime I wanted to take the strap off.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Planet-W...ELAID=29474323
Old 07-27-2010, 07:12 AM

Default Strap Extension

I believe it is made by Martin - a leather strap that wraps around the headstock and then fastens to the strap. I would imagine that you could go to a leather shop and find a small piece of leather and make one yourself. Good luck in your search.

Martin DX1KAE
Ovation K1111
Blueridge Gospel
Taylor GS-Mini
Takamine New Yorker
Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan814 View Post
I believe it is made by Martin - a leather strap that wraps around the headstock and then fastens to the strap.
Yep. The leather is easy; it's the little plastic knob that you really need. You can so the same thing with a sex bolt, but it's not as efficient.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ton?sku=420127

http://www.boltdepot.com/sex-bolts-a...ng-screws.aspx
Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 AM

What I'm looking for is a Strap Adjustment Tail that is longer than the one that came with the strap. I've e-mailed Levy several times but never got any response. If they were in the states I'd just call but they are in Canada.

I did find another company Franklin Cinch that makes similar straps and have sent them an e-mail.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion