The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM

Default Just ordered NS72CE

Hello All,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself.

I am a full time music teacher in a public elementary school. I play guitar with my students every day.

I just ordered a Taylor NS and I can't wait to get it. It should be shipped the beginning of May.

I decided to go with nylon because I have lots of steel strings. Was looking for something new.

I'd love to hear from those of you that have one.

Take Care,
Erik
Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 AM

Welcome to the forum Erik.

I've never played a Taylor nylon but I'd love to and I've heard nothing but great things about them. It's always great to have different 'types' of guitars in one's portfolio.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Erik,

Congratulations on the new guitar -- I hope you love it. That should be a very nice version of the NS series. I have an NS34CE -- not quite as nice, but still functional.

Welcome to the forum!
- Glenn
Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 PM

Hi Erik,

Just last week, I traded a steel string guitar to my local music store for an NS74ce. It's a 2006 so I got a very good deal on it. It's kind of like the guitar was waiting for me to come and get it.

I never had a nylon string guitar although I did take a years worth of classical lessons on my steel string.

I also teach guitar and for some reason thought this would be an appropriate guitar for that purpose.

I've been slowly learning the ins and outs of the guitar acoustically. I'm going to try it out tonight amplified playing some jazz guitar duets with a friend.

Welcome and good luck with your NS,
Leon
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 PM

Eric, I ordered one, too, a few weeks ago. Mine is due around the middle of April. I've spent a year or two looking for a really good classical/nylon string guitar. I think this could be the one.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 PM

a couple of weeks ago i found a used 2002 NS-7 that sounded great. I have been looking for a cross-over nylon string guitars for some time but the Taylor nylons are very hard to find in stores here. I am very happy with mine and I am sure yours will do the same for you :-)
2006 T5-S Tobacco burst (40th birthday present from my wife! :-)
2008 516CE (KEEPER!)
2002 NS-7
Ibanez Concord 670 (my first guitar!)
Tanglewood TSF-CE (Red)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:49 AM

I had been considering a Taylor NS 62, 72 or 74ce. I happened to casually mention this to a store and found out that they were getting a n NS74ce in. Then I happened to be there when it arrived. I played it and bought it. I have no doubt that it would have been bought within 24 hours by someone else. No regrets. A beautiful instrument. I can't believe the amount of bass and the clarity.
You will be very happy with it. Not so thrilled with it plugged in, but this improved immensely when I used it with the Aura Spectrum.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo montoya View Post
I had been considering a Taylor NS 62, 72 or 74ce. I happened to casually mention this to a store and found out that they were getting a n NS74ce in. Then I happened to be there when it arrived. I played it and bought it. I have no doubt that it would have been bought within 24 hours by someone else. No regrets. A beautiful instrument. I can't believe the amount of bass and the clarity.
You will be very happy with it. Not so thrilled with it plugged in, but this improved immensely when I used it with the Aura Spectrum.
Hey Inigo, sorry about your dad. BTW, how's that DPRoberts gig going?

Inconceivably yours,
Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Erik: Welcome to the forum and CONGRATULATIONS on your great new guitar. I had a NS32 and loved it...the mellow nylon sound is so different and unique. I like the neck size compared with most 2" classical models of any brand.
Keep us posted when your new baby arrives and you can do a review for us.

Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 AM

I too have a Taylor NS-74. It's a really nice guitar. I think you'll be happy with the nylon. Just remember you lose your calluses pretty quickly if you play it all the time. I had a NS-32 that I really wasn't satisfied with. I sold it here on teh forum and bought the 74. You'll like the cedar top.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM

You guys should join the talks over in hte new NYLON section of this forum. Congats on your NS Taylors. I used to own a NS64ce. That was one beautiful guitar. It smelled great too. THe sound was fine pluged in, but I needed that true classicl guitar tone. In the Taylor NS line, the NS64ce & NS74ce are my favorites. It is highly unlikely, but if I was to ever buy one again, I would probably forgo the factory electronics. They sure do play well though.

In case anyone is interested, Dream Guitars had a used custom NS7 with either Brazillian or Madagascar Rosewood in stock last week. It is probably still there. Awesome store to do business with to. No affiliation.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
In the Taylor NS line, the NS64ce & NS74ce are my favorites. It is highly unlikely, but if I was to ever buy one again, I would probably forgo the factory electronics. They sure do play well though.
That was exactly what I did with my NS64c. Oddly enough, the serial number still reads "NS64ce."

Nick
Old 03-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Hey Inigo, sorry about your dad. BTW, how's that DPRoberts gig going?

Inconceivably yours,
Don't know about the DP Roberts gig. You may be confusing me with someone else.
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo montoya View Post
Don't know about the DP Roberts gig.
End of the movie, Westly says to Inigo "You'd make a great Dread Pirate Roberts."
Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyofone View Post
Hello All,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself.

I am a full time music teacher in a public elementary school. I play guitar with my students every day.

I just ordered a Taylor NS and I can't wait to get it. It should be shipped the beginning of May.

I decided to go with nylon because I have lots of steel strings. Was looking for something new.

I'd love to hear from those of you that have one.

Take Care,
Erik
I very much liked my NS72ce-LTD. While, unplugged, it certainly doesn't sound like a classical guitar, it has a unique, nylon-string tone that I like and is much more comfortable to play than my custom classical guitar. Plugged-in, it sounds like most classical guitars with similar pickups. Unfortunately, a very large veterinary bill made it necessary for me to sell the guitar. Realizing that I had no recordings of the guitar and that the buyer was on the way to pickup it up, I made this unplugged recording using a pair of Rhode NT5 microphones as I played it for the last time:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=8930202

Last edited by Herb Hunter; 03-26-2010 at 06:48 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical