The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Default 1957 Gibson LG1 guitar case

Hey guys, the only case i have for my Gibson lg1 is the original gator skin cardboard case. I'm looking on the web for a nice hard shell case but not shure what size case would be a good fit for this guitar. Can anyone help me with this?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

I'm sure someone will have a better answer eventually but I would do one of two things. First I would call Gibson, or a large Gibson dealer, and tell them your model and they will have suggestions for alternate cases. Secondly, I would take the guitar to a large-box store (if one is close enough) and personally do a fit with the guitar. If those two don't work for you I would then give the measurements of the guitar to a guitar case manufacturer (several on the web) and they will tell you which case is most appropriate for that model/measurements. Happy hunting.

Kinnaird Brazilian OM, Martin 000-28 Ambertone, Gibson J-45 "Heart of Texas"
Bourgeois JOM Banjo Killer, Voyage Air, Epi AJ200SR/VS ....
tried (almost) everything.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:11 AM

Retco, I use a TKL classical case for mine but any hard case made for a classical will work.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM

I had heard classical case would work, but i wasn't sure. Are any of those new vintage style gibsons the same size as the lg1.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion