The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Anniversary of John Denver's Birth

Today John Denver would have been 65!!!

He was born in Rosewell New Mexico December 31, 1943.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 PM

Blows my mind that he would have been 65 today. I've been working on "Rhymes and Reasons" for open mike night. What beautiful songs John Denver created!

Michelle

"Moving ahead so life won't pass me by" "I Got a Name" by Jim Croce and Maury Muehliesen
Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM

65!!! Wow. The only advantage to not being around (not him--anyone, and not a very good alternative to aging!) is you're forever frozen in time. Think of how old JFK would be now, had he survived. But it is small consolation. He'll always be "40-something."

I really enjoyed John in his later years, and even had the great privilege of meeting him, and chatting, and listening to him "solo" at a Folk Festival back in Rochester in my high-school years, right after he joined "The Mitchell Trio."

He had some great tunes, and we had a good time singing a few a coupla months ago together. Maybe next year, too??

1992 Taylor 855
2000 Deering Sierra

2009 Recording King RD-16SN ~ "utility"
2009 Martin HD-28
Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkstrum View Post
65!!! Wow. The only advantage to not being around (not him--anyone, and not a very good alternative to aging!) is you're forever frozen in time. Think of how old JFK would be now, had he survived. But it is small consolation. He'll always be "40-something."

I really enjoyed John in his later years, and even had the great privilege of meeting him, and chatting, and listening to him "solo" at a Folk Festival back in Rochester in my high-school years, right after he joined "The Mitchell Trio."

He had some great tunes, and we had a good time singing a few a coupla months ago together. Maybe next year, too??

Definitely up for another get together Norm. I will have my Guild F512 to go with my W65 by then.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic