The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-01-2010, 03:15 AM

Default In The Sun

would anyone care to comment on my version of Joseph Arthurs ,In The Sun .

http://acousticlifeandlight.com/projects.html

Its project five ( the last one ) i do plan to add some kind of African rythum in the background at a later stage with some kind of tom tom or djambay.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Hi Z......

I'm no expert but I think I would work on the harmonies some more or just record it without backup vocals for now. They cut in and out and don't sound quite right to my ears. IMO singing/recording proper harmonies to sound good in a song is sort of an art that takes a lot of practice and some experience and possibly some guidance from an "expert". Overall it's a cool song and I like your vocals. Definitely has potential......
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
Hi Z......

I'm no expert but I think I would work on the harmonies some more or just record it without backup vocals for now. They cut in and out and don't sound quite right to my ears. IMO singing/recording proper harmonies to sound good in a song is sort of an art that takes a lot of practice and some experience and possibly some guidance from an "expert". Overall it's a cool song and I like your vocals. Definitely has potential......
Thats why i love this place 66 ,always constructive while its a given that we are doing ok but there will always be areas where we can improve ............i like this place for that and thank you for the honesty ..........

You have said exactly what i have done in that i have requested for my work here to be looked at by someone more quallified and its gonna happen after the holidays .i'm looking forward for some sound guidance .I have to be honest here and i'm not under no illusion of becoming some kind of star act ( i'm too complex of a being to be able to handle all that rubbish even if i was at that level )........but even at the lower level i do want to produce good music ,and i think i am at a stage where i deserve some more quallified attension in my aim .Its all about creativity for me .

thanks again

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell