The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Charter Member

The cover letter with the calendar says it is a thank you for purchasing a Select Series instrument.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM

Well that explains it..... I only ordered a custom X20-12, not a Select Series. It's a lovely gesture on Emerald's part, but I don't need another calendar on my wall. So Sean, if you read this, it's OK -- no need to send one. Your shots of my X20-12 are my computer screensaver these days.

GBG: The X20 six string just may be my new favorite guitar, and not just because it is new to me. We have not yet had much bonding time, having only been off the road and home for about 18 hours now.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:34 PM

Earl, are you going to make a post and show some pictures of your new to you guitar? It would be great to hear your thought and opinions on strings and such for the new one.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBG View Post
Earl, are you going to make a post and show some pictures of your new to you guitar? It would be great to hear your thought and opinions on strings and such for the new one.
A review of my X20 perhaps, but I'm not sure what to say that I did not already post for my custom X20-12 string back in November.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=491387

Pictures -- that just ain't gonna happen. Too much hassle posting photos here. And to save you the effort, I already know all the instructions, the various hosting sites, upgrading to charter membership, adding the app to my smart phone, etc. But it looks remarkably similar to the pics that Sean posted to that thread, but with only six strings.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:00 PM

So what I think he ..the Earl.. is eluding to ... look at the 12 string with one eye closed (or one eye open)...hope this helps as that is all I can ever hope for.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-27-2018, 07:22 PM
Guest 928

So, just took a slow look at the Emerald calendar. I realized that I was awed at each month's offering, but had not taken in the scope of Emerald's accomplishment.

I've been interested in the history of guitar evolution, and I cannot think of a time when development moved so quickly or strikingly. The various scales, necks, shapes and tones coming from Emerald guitars is, in my book, staggering.

If I were the king of Ireland, I'd have a display of Emeralds at every airport. And I'd designate Alistair Hay as a national resource.

I'm pretty positive when it comes to Emerald guitars. I'm going through as many as I can afford and they are all incredible musical instruments and art. The calendar verifies my positivity.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
So, just took a slow look
Do you have to blink slowly too?? I am new to all this being so young and all.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
A review of my X20 perhaps, but I'm not sure what to say that I did not already post for my custom X20-12 string back in November.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=491387

Pictures -- that just ain't gonna happen. Too much hassle posting photos here. And to save you the effort, I already know all the instructions, the various hosting sites, upgrading to charter membership, adding the app to my smart phone, etc. But it looks remarkably similar to the pics that Sean posted to that thread, but with only six strings.
Earl, that reminds me of the Ray Romano bit about having twins: "You can save money on photos. See this one? Yeah, we have one more just like that!" (rimshot)

Being retired, I have some time - send me a couple photos of the new X20 via e-mail and I'll post 'em for you. It may look "about the same" as your 12-sgtring, but it is a new guitar and deserves its own NGD. Enthusiasts here like to see what "the new kid" looks like!

Jim
Old 02-28-2018, 10:23 AM

Thanks Jim. When I get caught up after being gone for a week (I'm NOT retired, or at least my clients don't think so) then I hope to take some pictures of the two Green Brothers -- big brother Twelve and little brother Six. I got to spend an hour with it last night in standard and open G tuning, and I'm a happy camper. I can envision reaching for the X20 as my first choice going forward.

In the meantime, any studio shot of a green X20 Artisan from the Emerald web site will be better than what I can take. At 20° here today it is far too cold to go outside and shoot photos in good light. Even the cats don't want to go outside.
http://emeraldguitars.com/product/x2...v=7516fd43adaa

Now the really dangerous part. After trying your X7 in Phoenix, Alice has been looking at the Emerald web site, and particularly at the bubinga X7 woody.....
Old 02-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Thanks Jim. When I get caught up after being gone for a week (I'm NOT retired, or at least my clients don't think so) then I hope to take some pictures of the two Green Brothers -- big brother Twelve and little brother Six. I got to spend an hour with it last night in standard and open G tuning, and I'm a happy camper. I can envision reaching for the X20 as my first choice going forward.

In the meantime, any studio shot of a green X20 Artisan from the Emerald web site will be better than what I can take. At 20° here today it is far too cold to go outside and shoot photos in good light. Even the cats don't want to go outside.
http://emeraldguitars.com/product/x2...v=7516fd43adaa

Now the really dangerous part. After trying your X7 in Phoenix, Alice has been looking at the Emerald web site, and particularly at the bubinga X7 woody.....
Yep...

(photo from Kramster)

OK, here's a grab from the Emerald site...

I sure enjoyed playing your 12-string X20 - very rich and full sounding. Made me wish I had brought my X20 along this trip. I totally get how the X20 captivates. Enjoy that lovely pair of guitars! Oh, and a green X7 for Alice would look sharp, too. Or, a bubinga. Either works.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 PM
Guest 928

Earl;

I guess you know what to get Alice for her Birthday.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:53 AM

Off the off topic... yes I have a bunch of guitars photos on one of those things with months and days in it... very cool
Old 03-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Guest 928

Sean;

Earl says he doesn't need another calendar--if you have one scheduled for him, you can go ahead and send it to me.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Sean;

Earl says he doesn't need another calendar--if you have one scheduled for him, you can go ahead and send it to me.

I wonder if they will fall for it?
Old 03-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Guest 928

Or rise to it?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber