The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Location: The California Central Coast, in The Heart of the Chaparral!

Gordon Lightfoot has been a major inspiration to me for almost half a century. I'd still like to be just like him when I grow up!

Don
Old 11-18-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Big fan here. I wish he would make it to Texas sometime before too long for a concert. Especially Dallas area!

Happy birthday Mr. Lightfoot!

Todd
He's heading to Dallas, Texas in 2015 - one date already planned so there will likely be more. www.lightfoot.ca and a discussion forum at www.corfid.com will have info. http://www.attpac.org/on-sale/2015/gordon-lightfoot/

I've seen him about 120 times since 1973-every series almost at Massey and since 2001 every night there at every series-4 nites. And I've travelled far and wide to see him across Canada and down in the U.S. He's back at Massey next week 26th - 29th. I was with around 100 other fans last night in TOronto at a birthday celebration and book launch of '50+Poems for Gordon Lightfoot" with Lightfoot tunes and Gordon himself. Special night for sure.. I have pics and videos to post tomorrow at corfid.com.
Char
Old 11-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Charter Member

Happy Birthday Gord!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordfan View Post
He's heading to Dallas, Texas in 2015 - one date already planned so there will likely be more. www.lightfoot.ca and a discussion forum at www.corfid.com will have info. http://www.attpac.org/on-sale/2015/gordon-lightfoot/

I've seen him about 120 times since 1973-every series almost at Massey and since 2001 every night there at every series-4 nites. And I've travelled far and wide to see him across Canada and down in the U.S. He's back at Massey next week 26th - 29th. I was with around 100 other fans last night in TOronto at a birthday celebration and book launch of '50+Poems for Gordon Lightfoot" with Lightfoot tunes and Gordon himself. Special night for sure.. I have pics and videos to post tomorrow at corfid.com.
Char
Thanks for the link, Char (Gordfan). Gordon has a heavy schedule this month but he's not coming around here. Those 4 nights later this month at Massey Hall in Toronto are sure to be great shows in an iconic hall.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:36 AM

I had the pleasure to see him at the Newberry Opera House here in South Carolina about 2 years ago. I had never seen him and I was very impressed. He put on a good show. Doubt he'll come this way again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic