The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-13-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Ive had 3 and love them. You wont find a better made or better looking guitar. His designs are unique, so sensual. Nothing compares to them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1SsnIU5hfs
Tell me if anything compares to that.
Beautiful guitar and beautiful tone. I hope I have the privilege of running into one of his guitars in the future.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Kronbauer TDK was my first venture into small shop luthier built instruments.

I picked it up from a forum member. It has been a great guitar. I also have two Ted Thompson guitars that I love. Great work at reasonable prices if you can find them.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
I wonder if it was this one? I know I sold it to a member here several years ago. One amazing sounding guitar and it was unbelievably loud and resonant! No one could believe the sound this little guitar produced. If I could have captured that sound and stuck it in an OM size guitar with a wider nut size, I'd still own it. This is the only Kronbauer I've ever owned or played but assuming it's representative of his work, these are very special guitars indeed!
Close, mine has a different rosette. Dates are off too as I bought it in 2011. Great tone & playability, hangs with far more expensive guitars.

I wish Trevor well, wherever he may be.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Kronbauers

I had a TDK sitka/eir that was awesome in every way. Looks, sound, playability. Ended up being too large for me as I got older. Thomastik Plectrums on it was the best.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:39 AM

I have a 28.6" scale maple jumbo. Great guitar, but WAY too big for my 5'5" (on a good day) frame. Sounds massive.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
gibson, kronbauer, martin, santa cruz