The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-29-2000, 11:40 PM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Thumbs up KLSM Signature Model

I have been waiting for my local Taylor Dealer to receive the Kenny Loggins "KLSM" guitar. I confirmed with Taylor that they would only be producing 100 of these so I was anxious to see it. Last week my dealer called me the day it arrived and so I went down to see it. Needless to say it is a wonderful instrument and I could not help but leave a deposit on it so that they would not put it up on the wall. Does anyone have any feedback on the KLSM before I finalize the purchase?

------------------
Old 10-30-2000, 12:03 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

No feedback to offer except that I want one!! You've got great taste in guitars. I nearly put a deposit on one, also. This is a simply gorgeous guitar that no doubt offers great tone. Visually, I think this is one of the nicest models that Taylor has made. The wood-floral inlay is very tasteful. Congratulations. Please send us some digital pictures when you're able. I'd greatly appreciate it.

J.R.
Old 12-20-2000, 04:45 PM

Cool

I don't know if you've already decided to get it. I just learned about this forum. I've had a KLSM for two months and I love it! I had the opportunity to try three of them and chose the one I liked best (though it was a difficult choice).

I'm partial to koa, and already have another all koa (Goodall jumbo). I've also had other all koas which I traded in for others (Taylor 420K and K22, and a Larrivee 09). I haven't decided which of my current all-koas I like best, but it's fun to keep testing them.
Old 12-20-2000, 07:03 PM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Hi Buddiesorg,
Welcome to the forum!
JR does a great job with the site.
I have picked up my KLSM and at first I wasn't 100% convinced that I was going to keep it, but then I changed it from the medium gauge strings to light gauge. It took a couple of days of tweeking to get the action back where I wanted it but the payoff has been terrific. The guitar is infinetly more playable, I am a finferstyle player, and the sound just came alive. I don't know if it the particular Koa that my guitar is made of or what but it sounds so much better with the lighter strings. The guitar is pictured in the photo gallery part of the forum, it is KLSM # 47.
I am glad to hear that you are very pleased with your KLSM.
Take Care Bill
Old 12-21-2000, 02:40 AM

Lightbulb

Hmm ... light gauge strings ... I wonder if that's what I need. Actually, not on the KLSM ... I like it the way it is ... but on my Goodall Koa CJ. Of course, I may never try it ... I'm notorious for not changing strings ... and now that I use Elixirs, I end up leaving them on longer.

Mine's #80. I was thinking about getting the one with the smallest number, but I liked #80 better appearance-wise. I have to take pictures of it one of these days ... but when I go into my guitar room, I'm not in there to take pictures of guitars ...

Glad you got one and enjoy it. I hope you have years of enjoyment from it. Not only is it sonically pleasing, it's a work of art.
Old 12-21-2000, 07:22 PM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Hi Buddiesorg,
I saw your list of instruments and all I can say is: CAN I COME PLAY AT YOUR HOUSE!
Bill.
Old 12-22-2000, 01:33 AM

Uh ... yeah ... sure ...

Gotta promise no buttons or snaps ... very clean hands ... clean and cotton soft clothing ... and some other prerequisites I won't mention here as people will think I'm a real nutcase and way too obsessive about my guitars.

As for instruments ... I didn't mention my Goodalls as this is a Taylor list. But for the last few days, I've been playing exclusively Goodalls ... though all this talk of the KLSM might send me back into my guitar room to pick it up. Besides, I have to remind myself that I'm trying to play all my guitars at least once every two weeks (oh, what a hardship!).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification