The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
That's an easy question! The best CF guitar is ...... the one you own!!
Close, but not quite. The best CF guitar is ..... The one I own!!!!

Right up until I get a different one, which will then become the best.

Huss and Dalton T-0014
Collings I35LC
CA Cargo
Simon and Patrick Parlor
Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 PM

The Best Carbon Fiber Guitar ever will be the Shorty that I someday own. You all are just going to have to live with that....
Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedley View Post
FYI - Alpaca seems to be running into production ramp up issues. I signed up for one through Kickstarter that was supposed to be delivered in April of 2013 and I'm still waiting. I think they will eventually get it straightened out but for now I could not recommend one...
Interesting. I just got a call from a client in the mid west asking me about the Alpaca. He said he ordered one and was told he would have it in a few months, apparently he was also told they only built fifty or so guitars so far. According to the Kickstarter page they owe backers about 130 units, given the difficulty of getting something like this off the ground I'm not surprised there is delay in getting guitars to customers. Looks interesting and reasonably priced. I will certainly buy one once they actually have them in stock.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martind42 View Post
Exactly. It takes very little effort to join a crowd. I was/am asking for opinions on what YOU think is the best carbon fiber guitar. Typically people will defend their position and that is informative. I can Google as well as the next guy and would prefer your rationale on who is the finest builder of CF guitars and why you think so. It's all just forum fodder and you are entitled to your opinion.
I appreciate you clarifying your question, but I still don't see why you think that someone should have an opinion about what is the best carbon fiber guitar. As others have already stated, "best" is not an absolute for carbon fiber guitars any more than it is for wood guitars, if you mean "best for a particular use, taste, or playing style". In the wood realm, I think it's just silly for someone to claim that Martin is the best, Taylor is the best, Collings is the best, Santa Cruz is the best, etc. Ît's no different for carbon fiber.

What it comes down to, basically, is that with guitars, as with everything else in life, "I like" does not equal "it's the best". Nor does "I don't like" equal "it's the worst".

And if you mean "best build quality", it seems like all the carbon fiber builders produce instruments that are fully suited for professional use, to say the least.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post

What it comes down to, basically, is that with guitars, as with everything else in life, "I like" does not equal "it's the best". Nor does "I don't like" equal "it's the worst".
And, you probably think that ribbons for 17th place should not exist, or trophies for participation.

No matter what you say, mine is the best. Just ask my mom.

Huss and Dalton T-0014
Collings I35LC
CA Cargo
Simon and Patrick Parlor
Old 02-21-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sike View Post
And, you probably think that ribbons for 17th place should not exist, or trophies for participation.

No matter what you say, mine is the best. Just ask my mom.
I would never presume to argue with your mom.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:44 AM

All of mine are the best ...that I have
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-22-2014, 02:42 PM

It may not be your aesthetic cup of tea, but this is RainSong’s best sounding model yet. Twelve frets to the body (allowing optimal bridge placement), a unidirectional weave on the top, and the hole in the corner so that the drumhead’s bass can be less distorted/blurry/huffy.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

I agree 100% Mr Buzzard, the local dealer has one and it is killer. I will be trying to get one in the near future. It does bother me that I may have to let my CO-1000N2 go in order to achieve this. It is so good that I feel like a traitor! We'll see what happens.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber