The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-24-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
That's very interesting. Sounds like you're getting to the bottom of it. I've been working late and haven't been able to get home before the post office closes. I hope to be able to drop the item off this weekend. Is it possible that you are hearing only the monitors? Maybe the FOH is fine. Perhaps they can cut the volume on the monitors for you? They always sound awful when setup for rock bands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Good advice. Turning down the monitor(s) would be the simple solution if you can still hear it well enough. The signals (guitar/vocal/whatever) to the monitor(s) often get turned up (at the request of another player for whatever reason) and forgotten until someone else requests a level change.

Turning down the channel send settings to the monitors, and/or the monitors return setting, are setting adjustments which I often have to make on the house mixer of a place which features bands on the weekends. (Vocalists who are surrounded by amps and drums tend to need louder monitor levels than a solo artist or acoustic group.) I also check the level settings on the powered monitors themselves.

As for a soundhole cover, it works well for a Mini Pure user in our area who does band shows as well as solo work. He usually needs a bit of a bass rolloff (as compared to the UST and mag users), but still gets a very full sound to my ears.

Last edited by guitaniac; 09-25-2016 at 04:03 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification