The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-24-2016, 06:39 AM

Default MF Deal of the Day - DigiTech Vocalist Live FX Vocal Effects Processor

I bought one of these a while back and it's a pretty decent little box and for $99 is bargain. It does not have a guitar input, but has internal mics that can 'listen' to an acoustic guitar if fairly close and develop harmonies based on what it hears. It does have an 1/8" aux input which can be used to create harmonies from an mp3 player or similar and I'm toying with making a cable to tap into a guitar effects box output so as to use the guitar signal itself. I have a TCH VLP GTX and this one has some different sorts of effects which are interesting. Patches are easy to edit. It's not perfect, but for the price it's worthwhile.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

There are a few demos of the unit on Youtube. This one is pretty good....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wwFu3a3RP0
Old 09-24-2016, 05:25 PM

Hey there. I actually went ahead and ordered one. I wanted to ask though, if you are to run a guitar and mic through a mixer, or use a spliter to plug both into the unit, so you think it would be practical to use it as a guitar looper?
Old 09-24-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticGuy125 View Post
Hey there. I actually went ahead and ordered one. I wanted to ask though, if you are to run a guitar and mic through a mixer, or use a spliter to plug both into the unit, so you think it would be practical to use it as a guitar looper?
I'm kinda thinking maybe no, but might be worthwhile experimenting to see if it could work. The trick would be to remove the guitar from the mic input once the loop is input as you don't want the vocal and guitar going through the same vocal processing once you start singing and playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification