The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-20-2013, 06:45 PM

Default Finlayson omce1

A lot of you guys from everywhere else but the U.K. Will not have heard of Finlayson guitars, these are a new range from one of the luthiers from the U.k. Based chain guitarguitar. I recently was fortunate enough to win an Ortega R131L classical guitar in a Facebook raffle, as I am not left handed I decided to trade this in for a Finlayson guitar, a nice AA Sitka spruce top in a red sunburst, laminate mahogany back and sides orchestral size with a free hard case. It was great deal at £329, it has a really good sound played straight and it also sounds good through an amp with it's Fishman pre amp. When I bought this guitar I thought " great I can get the guy who actually designed this guitar to set it up for me, I was disappointed as he didn't set it up for me, just changed the strings even though I had another guitar in the shop for a set up, so I think this was a case of the store assistant not asking him to set it up as I am sure Billy (Finlayson) would have been more than happy to do so" anyway I set the guitar up myself replacing the compensated saddle for a buffalo bone saddle and shaving it for a nice low action and wow it sounds great. I will try to get some photos posted the right way up this time

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, electro, finlayson, guitar, sunburst