The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-30-2017, 11:09 PM

StringsandBeyond.
Ordered on Monday.
Shipped on Tuesday.
In Transit on Wednesday.
Delivered on Thursday.
Happy on Friday.
'Twas the tale
of StringsandBeyond.

18 sets of strings on Cyber Monday-20% off.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 11-30-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:23 PM
Charter Member

I usually get orders in about a week from S&B. Always spend at least $35 to get the free shipping, so I expect a little slower service. I plan accordingly so I wouldn't mind if it took twice as long. If I'm in a big rush, I buy locally, but that's rare.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:32 AM

I've bought from them 3 times. Every time it took 2 days before they shipped, except one time it hadn't shipped in 5 days. I emailed to find out they didn't have it in stock and it would be another week. They don't have "live" inventory, so even thought it shows the strings available, their actual inventory is unknown until they go to pick it. I cancelled.

Sometimes I buy from Amazon (Prime), same price, free shipping on some strings, others are add-on items so you have to buy something else to get free shipping.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:35 AM

I always receive very fast shipping and great customer service from S & B. I live in NC and gladly pay the 6.75% sales tax to do biz with these folks.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canerod View Post
I always receive very fast shipping and great customer service from S & B. I live in NC and gladly pay the 6.75% sales tax to do biz with these folks.
It helps that they are in NC.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 AM

Another case of being alerted to a problem I didn't know existed, after using this company for years.
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 12-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Me, too.

That is, I've never had anything but great dealings with SNB. Of all my orders - even on high-traffic days (black Fri etc), I've never, ever been dissatisfied with their customer serivce. In fact, they even included a few picks with my last order. BTW, that last order was ordered on a Friday morning and I received it THE NEXT DAY.

Maybe you are ordering low-demand strings? These days I usually get Nano's or John Pearse - both are well known and both shipped quickly.

In any case, in my book SNB is a great vendor!! Small business in a small town, and I love that! I will stick with 'em.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM

I've found elderly instruments to be the best of all of them for strings.

Martin 000-18GE, Rainsong CH-OM, Rainsong Vintage OM
Kopp NL, Kinscherff Concert,
Journey OF660
Old 12-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Strings by Mail has been my reliable source of guitar strings for several years now. I have no need to look elsewhere.

Strings By Mail is also the only source where I can purchase individual nylon guitar strings. They provide me the ability to mix and match brands of bass and treble strings for my classical guitars.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 12-01-2017, 03:05 PM

My shipments from Strings and Beyond are as quick or faster than and any other shipments I receive from other businesses.
Along with quick shipments, Strings and Beyond are very accommodating too.
About a year ago I was very interested in trying Galli Jazz Flats Bronze acoustic guitar strings and they were not available in the USA.
I contacted a few String supply companies and asked if they could get them and they would not help me.
I emailed Strings and Beyond and Chris offered to special order them for me and also added them to Strings And Beyond's inventory.
These Galli Jazz Flats Bronze strings are now my favorite acoustic guitar string, and Strings and Beyond are the only folks I go to now for all my strings and accessories.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 12-01-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGull View Post
It helps that they are in NC.
Actually not. They are 30 miles from me in Southport. I live in Wilmington and for some reason ALL Wilmington mail is routed through Fayetteville. So, shipments from S & B to me travel 110 miles from Southport to Fayettevile, spend a day there getting sorted, then are sent 90 miles back to Wilmington. Actually takes me longer to get strings from S & B than some other vendors. But I am aware of the route, so I understand. The service from S & B is so good it's worth the wait. I've never been in a "string emergency'' situation.

I believe the original post was regarding same day shipping, not total time. I managed retail for many years and am aware of all the possibilities, well beyond your control, that can happen once a parcel leaves your business.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:17 AM
Charter Member

I've ordered from them twice. In both cases, the order arrived in a few days (shipping cross-country). I don't think they met their same-day shipping promise, but I always keep plenty of guitar strings around the house. If I want something fast, I'll order through Amazon (usually similar prices too).
Old 12-04-2017, 02:16 PM

I get there being problems but out of 5 orders , none have left on time. Two of them left much later and all items showed in stock. The last one I placed is 7 days without shipping yet. I am 2 days from them with USPS so I ordered on Monday hoping to get it by Friday for a client with studio time. This is the second time this has happened with studio work for me. Saying it ships the same day is something that a customer is going to count on at times. They have to remove that!
I also do believe they are doing the best they can with good prices but you can't count on what they advertise which is same day shipping.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

It's funny...I have been buying from them for years, and I didn't even know that this was something they promoted, guaranteed, featured, etc.

I'm never in a rush to get my order, so I haven't paid much attention to the shipment date. However, as I posted earlier in this thread, it does seem that my orders always get delivered quite quickly.

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 12-04-2017, 02:28 PM

i used to order from them but their limit of $35 or more to get free shipping stopped me. now i just order from whomever has the best black friday/cyber monday/holiday sales.

since we are talking about strings, i do need to order some single little e strings. any recommendations where to get singles?

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion