The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-15-2017, 12:49 PM

Thanks and great questions. I also have other Emerald guitars and love the necks and ergonomic feel of the bodies as well as tone. In terms of short scale acoustics, I have played and/or owned at one point another a Tacoma Papoose, Veillette Gryphon, Cordoba short scale, etc. and played a variety of custom short scale guitars since the late 80s and early 90s (especially when I worked in musical instrument sales). I loved Taylor necks but absolutely love the Emerald necks and radius of their guitars.

I was a connoisseur of different wood tops and bodies for acoustic guitars but after playing and Emerald several years ago, I was blown away by the resonance and consistent tonal output of carbon fiber on their instruments.

My X7s pictured are (I believe) 34" in total body length with 21" scale necks. Were you referring to that in your question?
Old 10-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh1805 View Post
Thanks and great questions. I also have other Emerald guitars and love the necks and ergonomic feel of the bodies as well as tone. In terms of short scale acoustics, I have played and/or owned at one point another a Tacoma Papoose, Veillette Gryphon, Cordoba short scale, etc. and played a variety of custom short scale guitars since the late 80s and early 90s (especially when I worked in musical instrument sales). I loved Taylor necks but absolutely love the Emerald necks and radius of their guitars.

I was a connoisseur of different wood tops and bodies for acoustic guitars but after playing and Emerald several years ago, I was blown away by the resonance and consistent tonal output of carbon fiber on their instruments.

My X7s pictured are (I believe) 34" in total body length with 21" scale necks. Were you referring to that in your question?
Yes, thank you, including sharing your journey. I own a coco topped 6/12 Chimaera. It’s a looker and I really enjoy it.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Yes, thank you, including sharing your journey. I own a coco topped 6/12 Chimaera. It’s a looker and I really enjoy it.
Awesome. Cocobolo is beautiful, especially with nicely placed sapwood.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh1805 View Post
Awesome. Cocobolo is beautiful, especially with nicely placed sapwood.
Yep, got the nice stripe up the middle of the body and on each headstock.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber