The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-10-2016, 04:26 PM

Default Jazzed up Jingle Bells

Hello all,
I am a beginner that is trying to learn a few songs I can play at a family Christmas Party. I have a few but I'm struggling with the old time favorite "Jingle Bells." Struggling not because it's difficult, but struggling as in I really don't enjoy playing it. I want to play it so I can get the kids involved but all of the versions I find online are so repetitious that it isn't fun for me to play. It seems they just hammer away at three chords, all down strokes. It drives me nuts. I'm not good enough to finger pick it and I don't think I have enough time to get a finger pick version down before the party. I was hoping someone on here has a little more jazzy strumming version they'd like to share.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Charter Member

I don't have one, but it seems to me that it would be a perfect song for a family party. It's upbeat and everybody knows the words. Have you searched youtube? I'm sure there's one out there and I hope you find it. Maybe one of our talented AGF'ers will help you out. Good luck...
Old 12-10-2016, 04:56 PM

Yeah I have searched Youtube. The trick is when you try to search "jazzed up version" you get jazz versions that are beyond my skill set. Or you get alot of fingerpicking versions that are again, beyond my skill set. I'm thinking there must be a strumming pattern or spin on the traditional that is out there. Like a cover version that is still recognizable, easy to play but gets away from hammering down strokes non-stop.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write