The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-27-2016, 07:48 AM

Default Journey OF660 when not traveling

I recently bought an OF660 to take on multi-day motorcycle trips. It has worked out perfectly...but when home, I wanted a way to transport and protect it without disassembly. I started to search for a gig bag and quickly became overwhelmed with the choices.

I don't know why I always exhaust all of the difficult solutions first; but, in a moment of clarity I contacted Journey...duh. They sent me their Open Road bag and it is perfect.

Highly recommend it.

Thanks Journey.

tlj
Old 11-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Can you share some pics, would love one for my mine as well.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:04 AM

I think this might show more than I can with a photo.There is also some text included on this page.

http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...ahogany-rt310/

tlj
Old 12-17-2016, 10:40 PM

I like that! How much does it cost?
Old 12-18-2016, 01:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I like that! How much does it cost?
I have one as well....if you have an OF660, tough to beat. $110 and Journey dealers can order them if not in stock.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2016, 11:01 AM

The Journey Road Bags are fantastic. Oddly enough, until now I didn't think of stocking them. Live and learn I guess.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Journey Instruments sent me the following when I was looking for the case for the assembled OF660.

"We have a new case similar to the current one we’re going to launch soon that has an option to add a protective sleeve over the neck so there’s no need to disassemble the guitar. If you reach out to us in 3 months we should have inventory."

This might be another option worth considering.

tlj
Old 12-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I have one as well....if you have an OF660, tough to beat. $110 and Journey dealers can order them if not in stock.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

OF660 owners...

I love the case that comes with the OF660, it's rather ingenious and very well designed and made. Both the guitar and the case are simply the best in my humble opinion when it comes to a traveling guitar setup. However if you plan on keeping your OF660 assembled and just tooling around town, it may not be the best option. I was in such a scenario when I was taking my OF660 to my weekly guitar lessons ( Shameless plug for Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago). I ended up getting a road trip bag as well. When Journey was designing the road trip bag they made it so that it would fit the assembled OF660 as well, so it was no accident and a very smart move on their part.

I really love the bag and it has a large outside pocket which can hold my 3 ring binder and school songbook.

As mentioned, Journey dealers can order it if not in stock, I think $110.

If you like the design and construction of the overhead case, you'll like this one as well.

Perfect for the OF660.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber