The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-25-2016, 04:53 PM

Default Question about the Original Fishman Loudbox

I have the original Fishman Loudbox.......250 watts in a 57 lb wedge shaped cabinet....long since discontinued by Fishman.

Anyone here know if this amp can be used as a keyboard amp, without blowing the speakers?

Thanks!

Jeffrey
Old 04-26-2016, 06:36 AM

The original wedge-shaped Loudbox weighed 37 lbs as I recall. They were made to take a punch, though. IMO it should be no problem to handle a keyboard at reasonable volumes.

That being said, I have a friend who owns a set of 'em - amp and monitor - and he uses them in his little studio weekly. I know he's interested in finding another one as a backup. Should you ever be interested in selling it, PM me.

SM
Old 04-26-2016, 08:22 AM

I wish my Loudbox was 37 lbs. Its 57 lbs and is heavier than my Deluxe Reverb,
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 AM

This is the one I was referring to:

http://www.fishman.com/files/acousti...user_guide.pdf

According to their specs, it's 270 watts and only 29 lbs. While it wasn't officially called Loudbox, that's what most people I know called it.

You must be referring to the next generation, officially called Loudbox: http://www.fishman.com/files/loudbox_user_guide.pdf

SM
Old 04-26-2016, 10:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Man View Post
This is the one I was referring to:

http://www.fishman.com/files/acousti...user_guide.pdf

According to their specs, it's 270 watts and only 29 lbs. While it wasn't officially called Loudbox, that's what most people I know called it.

You must be referring to the next generation, officially called Loudbox: http://www.fishman.com/files/loudbox_user_guide.pdf

SM
I owned one of the AP-8 Pro Performers for many years, and it has yet to be equaled. It was very expensive to build, though.

I would call Fishman directly and ask them. Ask for technical assistance and I'm almost positive they'll have an opinion on putting a keyboard through.

My guess is that a California Blonde would be more appropriate, or some other full range bass amp.

HE
Old 01-13-2017, 12:07 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox weight

Sorry ya'll it's 55.5 lbs. straight from my owners manual. 27kg boys. It's a beast and if I get my reverb issue fixed it will be available for a new home.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alembic54 View Post
I have the original Fishman Loudbox.......250 watts in a 57 lb wedge shaped cabinet....long since discontinued by Fishman.

Anyone here know if this amp can be used as a keyboard amp, without blowing the speakers?

Thanks!

Jeffrey
Until I purchased my PA a few weeks ago. I used my Fishman Loudbox Performer for acoustic and my keyboard....Channels 1 & 2.....I did run it to a house PA and kept it at moderate levels.......or it will clip.....

If you look at my recent thread post of how I got the most out of my Fishman....

My Korg PA 4X keyboard sounds so much better through a PA.....

I said I would use my Fishman until I got a new system and that took a year to pull the trigger....Way too long

You can use it in a pinch if you are going direct out....Otherwise you can easily blow a speaker......

Look at my thread....

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification