The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Default Estas Tonne... WOW!!!

I've been into flamenco for years (really since I started listening to my parents' Sabicas albums as a child in the late 70s). There are a lot of awe-inspiring flamenco puros and flamenco-inspired players in this world. And for whatever reason I had never heard of Estas until a couple of weeks ago. The guy is a one-man tour-de-force. Just amazing! And no... I don't care if he measures up to the purists expectations regarding keeping the genre pure. When I want to listen to the form at its purest, then I'll listen to Tomatito, etc. But regardless of purity... Estas entertains the hell out of me! (And a lot of other people it would seem.)

Old 11-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Ummm.

He plays a lot of notes...

I am not sure why (maybe it is the European audience?) every one is standing around with no emotion on their face or being. Hard to see anyone lovin' it. Is he not getting through? I watched several videos. To me he is the only one diggin' it.

I am sure I am wrong about all this.

I like his stuff, but it is hard to make to the end of a video for me, just sayin'

I am at a loss on this guy. It looks like he has something going though.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

His stuff is definitely mood music if you will. Not like it's something you would get sheet music for and learn. But he does a helluva job and making a full sound. It does start to sound repetitive after a while. I overdid it that day. Still impressive chops there. The guy has a command of the instrument.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:07 PM

I find his playing pretty impressive also. As far as his audience not being "into it", I don't see anyone leaving early. If you haven't seen his video of Estes and little boy, it is quite humorous and the audience loves it. Don't know why he isn't more famous.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:11 PM

The guy really draws a crowd and puts on a show. Check out the rest of his Vids,quite Entertaining!.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:31 PM

Angry

Here`s one of my Faves..If you can do better then Post your Vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj7TzvrBdI8

Last edited by The Old Anglo; 11-25-2016 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Not the right one.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:38 PM

My last post was a screwup and I can`t find the Delete button?. This is the one I was referring to. Two guys on a streetcorner playing some neat stuff. Doubt this then lets see your stuff?. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4mArn9Rkk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical