The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 AM

I think you're misunderstanding the problem here. I don't know what the OP is using now, but whatever it is must either be a single-channel preamp/EQ/DI unit or a single amp with one EQ section. This requires unplugging one guitar and plugging in the other and then adjusting gain and EQ. He's asking if the RedEye Twin will allow him to plug in both guitars at the same time, necessitating only hitting a footswitch. And the answer to that is, yes. The RedEye channels will take either a passive or an active signal. They offer separate gain and separate treble control, and they sum to a single output (XLR or 1/4" if you use the effects send). It will allow plugging into one input of an amp or a PA with 2 guitars using a footswitch to switch. It's a good solution as long as the treble control offers adequate EQ.

Other units that will do this are the Radial PZ-Pre--and especially the Grace Felix, whose only drawback is cost.

L.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I think you're misunderstanding the problem here. I don't know what the OP is using now, but whatever it is must either be a single-channel preamp/EQ/DI unit or a single amp with one EQ section. This requires unplugging one guitar and plugging in the other and then adjusting gain and EQ. He's asking if the RedEye Twin will allow him to plug in both guitars at the same time, necessitating only hitting a footswitch. And the answer to that is, yes. The RedEye channels will take either a passive or an active signal. They offer separate gain and separate treble control, and they sum to a single output (XLR or 1/4" if you use the effects send). It will allow plugging into one input of an amp or a PA with 2 guitars using a footswitch to switch. It's a good solution as long as the treble control offers adequate EQ.

Other units that will do this are the Radial PZ-Pre--and especially the Grace Felix, whose only drawback is cost.

L.
Thanks for clarifying. i misunderstood the Op.
i guess i would still say the red eye is limited with only 1 xlr out.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Thanks for clarifying. i misunderstood the Op.
i guess i would still say the red eye is limited with only 1 xlr out.
Yes, if the OP is going into an amp that doesn't have an XLR input there will be a trade off between using the effects loop or the 1/4" output option offered by the send. The PZ-Pre and the Felix both have 1/4" and XLR outputs (more than one, in fact) plus separate effects loops.

Louis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification