The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Guest 720

Default Fishman Solo & Electrics

Just curious, anyone play around with electric guitars through Fishman Solo Amps? Even a T5? If so, how did it sound?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 AM

Hi John,

I played my ES-137 into the SoloAmp thru a Boss Deluxe Reverb pedal.

It sounded good. One very small band gig the SoloAmp did fine, but then at a more normal bigger gig, after a couple of hours, probably including a little volume-creep (louder), it started cutting out - the whole amp, clipping or something. A bandmate and a respected listener both said that the Bose sounded better with the band, so I'll just continue to use the SoloAmp for my solo gigs, and the Bose for band gigs. This is what I intended to do in the fiorst place.

Mike
Old 11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Guest 720

I wonder about using 2 solo amps in a band setting as opposed to one Bose.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrhd View Post
Just curious, anyone play around with electric guitars through Fishman Solo Amps? Even a T5? If so, how did it sound?
My T5 sounds good through the Solo plugged straight in on position one (acoustic) and running through my Boss GT-10 (electric).
Old 11-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Guest 720

Do the other settings give you anything at all to speak of? I'm guessing that the pickups (positions 2-5) just don't come through on the Solo Amp? Or can you even get decent clean tones with it?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification