The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-25-2018, 09:56 AM

A three year old NOS guitar would sell for just about what it did when it was the current year model three years ago.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 AM

Bought a nos Larrivee at 45% off list. It is a lefty 2013 D-04 in perfect condition. The strings were old and I could tell by the board people had played it but really is new, just a tiny bit shop worn.

I happened to drop in during their boxing week sale ( a Canadian thing). Looking for a lefty it was the only one in the store. Bought a few basses from them so they know me, and gave a killer price when I said lets deal on this.
List was $2750, got it for $1500 plus tax.

Basically a new guitar for used price.
Sound is awesome, has a warranty and is a perfect gift for my lefty wife.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:38 PM

Sometimes NOS instruments can be more desireable than current models. There are still a few New Hartford built Guilds here in there for sale as NOS. I would rather have one of those than the new counterparts coming out of Oxnard (though most of what I have read tells me they are nice guitars).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion