The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-24-2018, 09:35 PM

Always wanted to try Walnut. Looks great.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:58 AM

Congrats, that's a beauty. That is the biggest neck heel I have ever seen!
Old 02-25-2018, 10:05 AM

Congrats! Lots of fans here of Ed's work for sure. I like the pickguard too. Enjoy.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
Always wanted to try Walnut. Looks great.
Thanks. It sounds great, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsob View Post
Congrats, that's a beauty. That is the biggest neck heel I have ever seen!
Thanks. It is a big one, isn’t it? I wouldn’t want it any different because the guitar sounds fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats! Lots of fans here of Ed's work for sure. I like the pickguard too. Enjoy.
Thank you. I think Ed is a wizard

I’ve played this guitar every day since last Tuesday when I got it and it’s had the Tonerite on it whenever I’m not playing it. I’m already noticing a change in the sound, with the bass clearing up and deepening and the midrange becoming more pronounced. The past couple of days I’ve noticed a marked increase in volume, too.

I know the Tonerite has its skeptics, but my dad and I are both believers. He used mine on his ‘57 Southern Jumbo after a repair and he found it brought the sound back to what he remembered. It sounded a bit dull and tight after the repair. I can’t imagine the change in this guitar in just a few days is all down to the handful of hours I’ve put into it.

Anyway, whether it’s placebo or not, I love how it sounds today even more.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:37 PM

Well, I figure I'll never get well heeled building guitars, so I may as well be big heeled...

Bear in mind that it's a bolt on butt joint, so the inserts are actually in the heel, so a certain amount of meat is required to keep things strong enough. I guess it may seem big if you're used to wee little dovetail heels, but it doesn't look that big to me. No ones ever mentioned it before..
Old 02-25-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon/Tinker View Post
Well, I figure I'll never get well heeled building guitars, so I may as well be big heeled...

Bear in mind that it's a bolt on butt joint, so the inserts are actually in the heel, so a certain amount of meat is required to keep things strong enough. I guess it may seem big if you're used to wee little dovetail heels, but it doesn't look that big to me. No ones ever mentioned it before..
I wouldn’t change it for any reason. This guitar is outstanding! I’m blown away by how good it sounds.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:52 PM

Thanks, so glad you like it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion