The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Default Vox ad50vt VS pod xt live.....thoughts?

I posted this on the gear page too, but I figured I'd ask the question in here. I know that tone is subjective, but I'd still like your thoughts.

I have a friend wanting to trade me a 2 month old Vox ad50vt for my pod xt live. I've had trouble dialing in the tone I need with the pod. I know I can get it, it just takes time. The Vox has been easy to work with and has a few good sounds I could use. The pod has a lot more capabilities though.

What are your thoughts on the Vox amp? Is it a decent amp? My only concerns are flexibility...being able to get a variation of tones...and the quality of this amp.
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)
Old 04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
.tom the übergeek

They are worth similar $$. If you can't get the tones you want from the XT, maybe with a try. I was able to get very good tones from both my XTLive and my AD120VTs. Not really in the tube amp quality range but very functional.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpullen View Post
They are worth similar $$. If you can't get the tones you want from the XT, maybe with a try. I was able to get very good tones from both my XTLive and my AD120VTs. Not really in the tube amp quality range but very functional.
Yeah. I'm sure I could get some good tones with it if I spent the time. I wish I had an extra $500. I'd just buy a smaller tube amp and keep the pod!
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification